“Phenomenal!!!”

Okinawa
Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Homewood
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place has the best sushi I’ve had. It had Great flavor. Great texture. It was pretty.
The waitress was friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed 12 March 2020 via mobile

This was some of the best sushi I have had. I'm not an expert by far but I do eat a fair share of sushi. The only down side was it says "steakhouse" on the sign so we thought it was hibachi at the table. It turned out fine though. We were in Birmingham for a doctor appointment and this was our night before dinner. Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 10 November 2019

Okinawa was one of the first sushi restaurants in Birmingham that matches the quality of NY sushi. As sushi lovers who moved here from NY, we were wondering if we would ever find equivalent sushi in this landlocked city. We have been countless times, and only had one not so good experience (filet minon hibachi) which could have been a fluke. Sushi, soba, and other hibachi have always been on point. My most recent pilgrimage to this establishment was post-run for lunch. All of the food in the attached picture was only $27 with their lunch special prices! (I stopped for takeout). Whether it's the night before a race or just after a big workout, this is my go-to.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 18 July 2019

Our meal consisted of miso soup, seafood soup, and chicken teriyaki with a tasty light batter. Okinawa was quite quiet—no background music, and perhaps also quiet because we were there rather early, leaving at 7:15.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 17 January 2019

The service is excellent - everyone is smiling. The food is fresh and tasty. Service is just the right pace and you are not rushed at all. I highly recommend eating here if you desire Asian food. Many choices on the menu

Date of visit: January 2019