“Absolutely Loved It”

Curry's on Johnston Street
Ranked #18 of 168 Restaurants in Decatur
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We had never been here before and three of us went for a late lunch. The decor was very updated and there was a closed in porch like setting where we sat. Everything was clean, and we were well treated by everyone there. No complaints with the wait staff or the chef, who did an excellent job.

I had a trio salad, which consisted of huge portions of chicken salad, tuna salad and a salad of my choice. I selected the strawberry pretzel salad, which was yummy. It was a totally new to me, as I had never heard of it. It also came with banana bread that had a touch of ginger in it.

The second person had a southern BLT, which consisted of bacon, lettuce, fried green tomatoes and an aioli sauce. The last person had a oyster po boy, which came with fries. All dishes were served with pickles and iced tea. The check came to $37.00, which included tax.

We would definitely go back.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 13 January 2018

This is my Wonderful choice for lunch. Their chicken salad is delicious. Maybe the best I have ever had,. I love the pretzel salad too. Fun place to carry your spouse.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 19 September 2017

A locally owned lunch venue has counter service. While the food is above average, the service lacks friendliness. Pumpkin bread with pimiento cheese is a specialty and an integral part of several lunch choices, but several times we were told they were too busy to slice the bread for serving. Not a place where you are greeted with a smile and a cheery hello. That said, the place is very popular with the locals.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I finally got the chance to eat here. It was ok, but I do not give it the raves everybody else does. Strawberry pretzel salad portion was small in relation to price (and local competitors) and was reminiscent of Jello instant cheesecake. The tea is at the front door in another room from the main dining area. Why not put tea dispensers in that room, too? I need to go back and see if it was just an off day for me (it was exceptionally hot outside), but my foodie partner in crime was even less impressed than me.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We love Curry's! It is a great lunch place for any occasion. The Strawberry Pretzel salad is wonderful! Anything one chooses is delicious, and fresh and the presentation is also great.

Date of visit: June 2017