“Amazing White Sauce”

Big Bob Gibson's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #3 of 170 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Grew up in Alabama and this is one of my favorite places to eat. I haven’t found the same or anything close to it since living in other states. And I really miss the white sauce. Love this place, can’t wait to go home to visit and get a stuffed potato and
BBQ.

1  Thank Carla C

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Memphis has the best BBQ in the world, so I set a high standard. The Ribs were good but I don't think as good as Corky's in Memphis or the Rendevous on a good night. The best Coconut pie in the world, just like my mama used to make. Worth the trip just for that. Ribs 4, Brisket 4, Coconut pie 5, BBQ sauce for pulled pork 5. Chocolate pie 3.5.The only offer pulled pork, not chopped, which I think is better. If you want coconute pie, get there by 5 and order it when you place your dinner order. They sell out quick.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

This was recommended by coworkers in the area. The food was very delicious and the bbq was about the best I have ever had. The people were very nice. Great flavor to their bbq.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

THIS is my fav BBQ anywhere in the country! I have eaten here in my travels for decades and my most recent visit did NOT disappoint! Smoked chicken slathered in the signature white sauce is still hands down THE BEST anywhere!!! The perfect mix of tender and smokey. I sampled some pulled pork EXCELLENT! Very moist & tender! And the coconut cream pie, oh my! I look forward to being in North Alabama again just to come back! I love our mustard base bbq in the Carolinas, Memphis ribs, Texas brisket. But the smoked chicken and pulled pork at Bob Gibsons is truely a delicacy! My favorite anywhere.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

I tried the ribs and beef brisket tonight. It is the best smoked brisket I've had so far. Very reasonably priced meals.
Coconut pie was also very good with a nice flakey crust.

Been to Big Bob Gibson's Bar-B-Que? Share your experiences!