I was invited by my friend to spend some time in Darjeelin, she was already staying in this place and I was glad of her choice of accommodation, the stunning views from there made my day every morning. The room was spacious and although ours was the only one with the toilet outside the room, it was still a private one and it was not a problem at all. Best of all was Sudershan, the owner, he was very attentive and approachable. I'm glad to have met him and count him as a friend nowadays.
I had a wonderful six week stay in Darjeeling. The family made me feel at home. I would highly recommended to any travelers looking for an extended stay.
Never traveling to Asia before, I didn't know what to expect. What I found was a lovely place to stay with great people. The accommodations are simple, but give you everything you need - it's India!
- Bring a towel and flip flops for bathroom
- Bring a book, wifi is overrated anyway. There's a great bookshop in Chowrasta center with tons of choices.
- Have Sudarshan take you or point you to the crepe restaurant and The Patio - best momos in town
- Visit the Happy Valley Cafe to see Kosum for a one of a kind tea lesson.
- Buy a glass bottle and loose tea to have at home while you write in your journal about the day, or watch a movie in the newly renovated shared living room.
- Bring your instruments!
- If you need to spend some time working, the 'best' wifi head to Himalyan Java Cafe in town. You'll pay more for the drink but get the wifi and a nice spot to hang.
Our visit was very pleasant, we stayed 1 month. Darjeeling heights is the perfect mix of privacy & community with great common areas. Its kept clean & verg modern. The family & Sudarshan are lovely people, can't wait to come visit agIn!
Sudershan was an awesome host - very quick to help or assist with local information. He also introduced us to people and took us to local bars. Rooms are very comfortable (particularly by Indian standards for westerners!) and the location is useful for town whilst quiet and removed. Would recommend and stay again! Thanks Sudershan!