Never traveling to Asia before, I didn't know what to expect. What I found was a lovely place to stay with great people. The accommodations are simple, but give you everything you need - it's India!
- Bring a towel and flip flops for bathroom
- Bring a book, wifi is overrated anyway. There's a great bookshop in Chowrasta center with tons of choices.
- Have Sudarshan take you or point you to the crepe restaurant and The Patio - best momos in town
- Visit the Happy Valley Cafe to see Kosum for a one of a kind tea lesson.
- Buy a glass bottle and loose tea to have at home while you write in your journal about the day, or watch a movie in the newly renovated shared living room.
- Bring your instruments!
- If you need to spend some time working, the 'best' wifi head to Himalyan Java Cafe in town. You'll pay more for the drink but get the wifi and a nice spot to hang.
Our visit was very pleasant, we stayed 1 month. Darjeeling heights is the perfect mix of privacy & community with great common areas. Its kept clean & verg modern. The family & Sudarshan are lovely people, can't wait to come visit agIn!
Sudershan was an awesome host - very quick to help or assist with local information. He also introduced us to people and took us to local bars. Rooms are very comfortable (particularly by Indian standards for westerners!) and the location is useful for town whilst quiet and removed. Would recommend and stay again! Thanks Sudershan!