1,400 results
All reviewsclose to the airportoberoi groupcinnamon restaurantbusiness tripairport pickin room diningrestaurant staffcourteous staffcomfortable staygreat hospitalityexcellent hotelcomfortable roomsbreakfast spreadhome away from homeexcellent stayspecial thanksspecial mention
Reviewed 29 April 2018

I stayed in this Hotel in March 2018. I have stayed in this Hotel many times on my Chennai visit for the last 12 years.
The Hotel is one of the better hotels in the city. The price is reasonable (for a visitor from the U.S.). On this trip, I was given a bigger room with separate living room area - it was nice.
As with many Hotels in India, this Hotel provides complimentary Breakfast buffet. The buffer is good, not great. However, I wish the service could be better. I requested coffee first, and then when it was not brought out, I asked for a cappuccino. The cappuccino never came. So I had no caffein for breakfast of the first day - bummer. I also could not find bowls for cereals and had to ask twice to get some.
The Hotel provides complimentary airport pick up. This is convenient for many of visitors from outside India. The Hotel is also near airport.
All and all, I will stay at this Hotel again on my future visit to Chennai.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and reviewing our hotel and its services.

My team and I are happy that your stay was comfortable. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

However, I regret to note your concerns on the breakfast services. I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage manager and her team to initiate immediate corrective action. I am confident you will notice a marked improvement on your future stays. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Thank you once again for having taken the time and for your patronage.

My team and I look forward to your continual visits, I take this opportunity to assure you of our best services and attention at all times.
Please do not hesitate to write to me for any assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you in Chennai.

Thank you so much.

Warm personal regards

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Stayed at Trident Chennai. Awesome and comfortable hotel near the airport with fantastic staff, great food and beautiful rooms. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with luxurious setup. The club lounge is comfortable and staff is forever helpful and polite. Food served in the restaurant is very tasty and delicious. A great hotel and the staff are just a delight - bending backwards to deliver the best service possible. I have nothing but praise for this hotel and special thanks to Varun Sharma, Front Office Manager & Mr Dheeraj from Front desk for excellent check-in & check-out and providing comfortable rooms and Mr Mishra from restaurant ensured the service was prompt.
I look forward for staying here again on my return to Chennai.
Thanks a lot to GM to ensure we had a memorable stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Aditya70

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to review Trident Chennai and its services and to rate us - so highly.

We appreciate your wonderfully written comments on the various aspects of Trident Chennai - its beautiful specious rooms, delicious food, comfortable club lounge and most importantly - guest oriented service. Besides, you found the hotel location convenient for your travels.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with personalized service delivery and I am delighted that our entire team provided you with an exceptional experience.

I have shared your review with the lovely ladies and gentlemen I am privileged to work with, especially Varun, Dheeraj and Mishra. They all are delighted to read that their guest centric attitude and anticipatory approach has been recognized- they feel very special indeed. Many thanks!

Above all it is most rewarding to note that you would consider staying at the Trident when next in Chennai.

My team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back with us soon. Please feel free to write to me if I could be of any assistance in Chennai or for making any special arrangements for your future stays with Oberoi / Trident hotels.

Warm regards

Reviewed 27 April 2018

Trident, the name itself has three spheres of focus-Guest care Pamper and follow up… If visit once you know how you are made a king and how your departure is made as silk as smooth, of course for a fat wallet. Your check in is a pleasant encounter with Sushant the front office manager while Jiya’s scintillating attraction will make you wait for a few more minutes to chat and she will guide you to the hotel room.. Mr Krishna the duty manager joins them to pamper your further and it is endless..the journey of hospitality goes on and on...Krishna FO offers a complimentary coffee when you need a hot in stead a cold juice. Swimming pool , meadows, dancing trees, SPA, well loaded zym… are there to care..Because it is located 3 km away from airport, limited rooms with all extravaganza of a five star property and the two classic restaurants – Samudra and Cinnamon- will never disappoint you where you bound to add few thousand calories … A senior citizen, the complimentary BF will reach you room with Subartha Tiwai,Aditya and Arvind the magic boys will satiate you needs while HK Vijayendra comfotd you with select fruits… if you go to gym then Sudha will not leave you unless otherwise you are a shy guy.. he will take a tour - gym steam bath and spa- you are bound to lose a few thousand rupees and calories.. in a nutshell this property has many plus points to stay

Room Tip: Overlooking poolside room is sexy
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Subas C

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your wonderfully crafted feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to highlight most aspects of your stay.

My team and I are very happy to read you enjoyed the hotel in its entirety - from its favourable location, to its well equipped rooms, customer oriented facilities, delicious food and most importantly- hospitable service.

Your feedback reinforces our founder, Rai Bahadur MS Oberoi’s philosophy on providing gracious service with genuine care and our Executive Chairman, Mr. PRS Oberoi’s belief in people being our most important asset. Their beliefs and philosophy are the driving force behind our organisation today. It is heartening that our people are not only living by the organisation and our values but taking that extra step in building an everlasting bond with our guests.

Recognition from our guests is the single biggest motivator for the ladies and gentlemen at our hotels - your kind feedback therefore means so much to us all. It gives me great pleasure to share your appreciations with Sushant, Jiya, Krishna, Subrata , Aditya, Arvind, Vijendra and Sutha and the rest of the team. I am really fortunate to have been working with such a dedicated and committed team.

It was an absolute pleasure to have been of service to you.

I also truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back soon. I take this opportunity to assure you of our best attention and services at all times.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 April 2018

I stayed in Trident from the 22nd of April till the 26th April and I would like to place on record that I really love going back to this Hotel whenever I travel to Chennai either for business or personal. While being close to Airport is an advantage, but the people here are the main reason - they make you feel at home.

Aruna and Sai are great persons to know and they have more than often gone beyond their duty to help / support on any requirement.

While there are many others who have always supported and I will like to thank Ilanpooranan, Mishraji and Mani & Velraj from Samudra specially. Vignesh helped make a special Dosa that I had ordered and his experimentation is something I found commendable.

And last but not the least is Sutha from the Gym - always smiling and ready to help with any regime that I want to do.

Great people, great Hotel - keep it up

Regards
Padmanav

Room Tip: Close to Airport, great People
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Padmanav K

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and services - we very much appreciate the time you took to send in your kind comments.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and to read that you had a comfortable stay and you found the location convenient for your travels.

People are the life and soul of our hotels. I am fortunate to have been working with these wonderful ladies and gentlemen who diligently uphold the values of our company by exceeding the expectations of our guests and creating everlasting memories.

I have shared your review with the entire team at Trident Chennai, especially Aruna, Sai, Illampooranan, Mishra, Mani, Velraj, Vignesh and Sutha -they all are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels take you to this part of the world ; if I can be of any assistance whatsoever in the meantime, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

We highly recommend this place for stay in Chennai, great hospitality, convenient location and great ambience. One thing to praise is about food. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner from there. Everything was delicious and awesome. We had a lot of varieties to taste and each and everything on plate was heaven. Must go

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AnnMariyaJ1
Chennai_Trident, General Manager at Trident, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time and reviewing our hotel and its services.

My team and I are very happy to read you enjoyed the hotel in its entirety - from its favorable location, to great ambience, delicious food and most importantly- hospitable service.

I have shared your review with the entire team at Trident Chennai, especially with the Executive Chef and his culinary team -they are truly inspired to note that their efforts were well noticed and much appreciated.

I also truly appreciate your word of mouth recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back soon. If I can be of any assistance in the mean time please do not hesitate to write to me.

Thank for having chosen to stay with us, it was a pleasure to have been of service to you.

Sincerely