“I would travel 7 hrs to just have a dinner here”
Review of The Restaurant

The Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Shimla
Cuisines: Indian, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Unparalleled service combined with skills of world class chefs like Raj Kumar and Prateek will give you an experience like no other. The chef's special 6 course meal is highly recommended besides the Mulligatwani soup and white chocolate tonino.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Everything was spectacular; Service fantastic, surroundings good and food just perfection.

There's talent in that kitchen! IMHO this is top-end fine dining. Easily Michelin Star level. I had three great courses. Each very special - so glad I was eating alone, I could properly savour the flavours and subtlety of each course!

I was offered an alternative to one course because chef declined to serve it due to quality concerns - this is laudable and speaks well for the chef refusing to compromise in delivery.

I had three courses and desert. At Rs.4,700 this is expensive for India however I consider it a bargain given the exceptional quality. In Europe it would be twice the cost.

So good I went again the following day. Enjoyed a conversation with Sous Chef Rajkumar Bhatia, who has long service at the Cecil and is rightly proud of The Oberoi and the team at Shimla.

I thoroughly recommend this restaurant if your budget allows.

1  Thank GlynCarre
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is the only place to eat in the hotel, other than your room. I'm not complaining, we had 2 nights here and enjoyed every meal. The buffet in the evening was very comprehensive, mostly Indian food, but some Chinese and European. Breakfast was extensive, the eggs cooked to order were superb. Nice attentive but not oppressive staff and a visit by the head chef both nights was welcome.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Great Selection of breakfast and evening dinner .. Excellent service and attention by Head Chef Raj Bhatia.. The cooked wonderful dishes catering to our tastes and ensured every attention to detail.. Recommend anyone going to Shimla to stay at Oberoi and enjoy Raj's cooking.. He also held a cooking class for guests which was very insightful and taught us some new stuff ..

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

We are currently staying at the exemplary Oberoi Cecil in Shimla . The hotel and rooms are really beautiful and well maintained and the staff are charming and helpful We were treated to a cookery lesson from their excellent Head Chef Raj who prepared 5 of his delicious North Indian curry Several of the ingredients were unknown to us and really inspired us to try them out when we get back home.
We can recommend the Oberoi wholeheartedly.