Shangri-La's Eros Hotel
Shanti Home(New Delhi)
US$61
US$57
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amax Inn(New Delhi)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$18
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$20/night.

The Lodhi(New Delhi)
US$210
The Leela Palace New Delhi(New Delhi)
US$281
US$215
Agoda.com
3,157 results
All reviewshorizon clubtamra restaurantindia gateconnaught placeclub roombreakfast buffetmain restaurantstar hotelexcellent hotelindian foodcentral delhicoffee shopspecial thanksspaloungeerosconcierge
Reviewed 18 December 2015

Loved the service and was so glad to see this hotel after a flight from Chicago. Nice greetings, beautiful lobby. Check in could have been a bit smoother but everyone was nice. Filling out paperwork, giving passports etc all took time when all we wanted was to sleep.rooms very nice, GREAT BED, very good room, hot water noise free what could be better. Breakfast was Fantastic, so very good and so much selection. Yum! Hated to leave.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Shangri-LaDel, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time and posting your review. I am glad to know that you found your room clean and comfortable, service standards to your satisfaction and enjoyed the breakfast experience at our All day Dining Restaurant, Tamra.
However we have noted your frank and forthright comments about the check in process and will address these concerns with my team. Accept our apologies for the same
If your travel brings you back to Delhi, do come back and stay with us.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 17 December 2015

Ok first and foremost, I hate giving it a 3/5 because this hotel truly is an institution in Delhi.

But it all started with problems right at the start.

Check In

1. Firstly, its a little disconcerting to see the smiles brighten up when a non-resident guest walks up to the people manning the reception desk and the smile wane a little when you (a visibly and obviously Indian guest walk up). So, as a suggestion, keep the perky smile for all (not some).

2. Then came the reservation check - I was just in from the airport and wanted a place to crash. My bookings (albeit made a few hours earlier) did not show up in the hotel reservations and instead of someone helping me to sort it out with the travel site (I made the booking through a top-notch travel site) the people at the reception chose to ignore me and look after other guests. I had to shout at the travel website people to get attention from the hotel staff who then rushed to the reservations desk (who were out for tea time maybe at 12.40 as they weren't picking up calls from reception?) and then sorted it out. It was painful waiting for nearly 40 minutes all by yourself.

3. I was helped up with my luggage by a pleasant enough person who tried to explain that breakfast was complimentary and started talking of places to dine in the hotel when I just informed him that I plan to dine out. So yeah expecting too much attention? Maybe... Won't hold it against him.

Room -

1. Musty smelling (old carpets?), clear signs of wear and tear. This place really needs re-furbishing (I pay a lot you know...).

2. Room refrigerator has bottles which need an opener but no opener provided.

3. The a la carte in room dining - we ordered fish and chips (a basic continental fare) and some fancy sounding chicken with lamb jus - Fish was average and chicken disappointing. Please try and serve hot food even when I order during lunch hours as I clearly don't feel like travelling to a hotel restaurant and play nice

4. TV - limited channels - a lot of Russian ones strangely and only business and news channels. I need some HBO loving too you know. I understand it is not JUST a business hotel unless I completely missed this (then I spotted too many tourists and assumed so).

Spa - Was good. Clean. Professional staff. Good therapies. I liked it.

Breakfast - Sensational. I love good cold cuts. They were there. Good spread of fruit and the cereals. Goods Indian food (light breakfast). But this all normal for a 5star.

Checkout - Smoother than the check in. Good services there.But this again is expected of a 5star.

So all in all, India has a wonderful hospitality industry and I truly believe if you can't make it up in the rooms, make it up in the smile. You are a 5-star. Try and be in the league of the others. Please smile at me and make me feel welcome if you expect my patronage and money. Kthxbai

Room Tip: Try asking for refurbished rooms (if they have them) my room smelt musty
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Shangri-LaDel, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and am very disturbed to read your comments about the hotel and are sorry to learn that we fell short of your expectations. We have taken up your frank and forthright comments on board and will address the concerns on priority. We will continue to further enhance and improve our product offering going forward. However, the renovation has been planned in a phased manner.
We sincerely hope that you would treat this issue in isolation and not let it affect your relationship with us. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
If your travel brings you to New Delhi, do come back and stay with us again and give us an opportunity to serve you better..
Kindest regards

Reviewed 17 December 2015 via mobile

Mmmm I m not quite sure how to review this particular Shangri la. It's not like other Shangri la hotels. Something is missing .Club rooms are in need of renovation
for sure . The gym was being renovated at our time of staying as well as an extensive part of the garden . I used the spa services quite often and I have to say services were excellent. All staff was friendly and extremely polite. However most of the time you could hear noise of drilling on top of the massage rooms. The restaurant Tamra was amazing and good value for money. Staff was friendly and able. Was not impressed with the service at the club lounge . Staff seemed to be "disturbed " when visited after 9 pm They seemed always busy ( 2-3of them conversing between them)on their desks !!!??? I like a late night cup of tea so it was not just once that I was given this impression .
If you are a smoker there is a small room next to the tamra restaurant. Not nice!!!! I understand that , before there was an outside area , lounge or bar in this hotel where you could have a coffee and smoke like a human being. Not anymore.
Though the Eros cannot compare to other Shangri la hotels i.e Bangkok or HK it is still an oasis in New Delhi . The management and staff are trying hard to improve services and standards . With few exceptions most staff was polite professional and offered warm hospitality . Special thanks to Mr. Josef the spa manager , Kapil Bisht and Kiku at reception .
Will I return ? Not sure.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Shangri-LaDel, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi!

Thank you for taking time out and sharing your valuable feedback with us, it is much appreciated in order for us to serve you better the next time you stay with us.

We are happy to know that you found the all day dining - Tamra amazing and appreciated the warm hospitality of Mr. Joseph, Kapil Bisht and Kiku.

Our endeavor is to please our guests and we have noted your comments and are working on the same, the renovation has been planned in a phased manner.

The entire team of Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi looks forward to welcoming you back and extending exceptional service and experience.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 16 December 2015

The checkin was very quick, the room comfortable, bathroom clean but a bit outdated. No separate shower, had to climb in bath to have shower. No separate toilet. The service is of a very good quality. We walked around in the area to visit Delhi as it was our 1st stay in this town. connaught place is very close but there is not much to see, from there we walked down to see the Parliament, nothing special. All the nice shopping centres are situated in South Delhi which is at least 30 minutes drive away. The buffet for diner was very nice, wide choice, food of good quality. Very well guarded hotel with a lot of security checks. Breakfast was very good, large choice of different types of food.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your warm words of appreciation with us.

We are so pleased to know that you loved our food spreads and appreciated the hospitality extended by our service associate and provide you with a comfortable stay experience.

Your lovely comments have been shared with the entire team at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 December 2015

Lovely hotel, nice rooms, price that we paid was very good for 5* hotel. Nice oasis from the hustle and bustle of Delhi! Pool was also lovely nice.

Staff helpful with advising us where to visit and getting taxi drivers for us etc.

Small touches like fruit and biscuits in room were great.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Shangri-LaDel, General Manager at Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi and for sharing your encouraging comments with us.

We are so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a wonderful stay experience at the hotel.

Glad to hear that you found the rooms comfortable, pool clean, staff responsive and the overall experience to be a great value for money.

Your heartening comments have been shared with the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kindest regards,