All reviews frontier restaurant huge hotel lobby manager rooms are big room service is comfortable stay oudh govt embassies ambience banquet
Reviewed 26 October 2018

The hotel is grand with massive high ceilings and traditional Indian design. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a lovely range of personal amenities including a toothbrush and mini tube of toothpaste, a comb, a natural loofah, a great face wash and olive oil lotion in addition to the usual showecap, soap, shower essentials and vanity kit. The staff are very courteous and attentive. There are a range of restaurants serving North Indian, South Indian Vegetarian and other cuisines. The poolside is a great place to relax with a juice bar and ambient contemporary Indian instrumental music. There is an on-site bureau de change plus jewelry shops with a stunning range of jewelry, Indian apparel and Ayurvedic health products all in the confines of the hotel.

Room tip: Rooms on the western side have a good view of the city. All the rooms are quiet.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2018

First led to a dingy room that reeked of smoke. When I explained my reservation was for a non-smoking room, I was made to wait for forty minutes. The key card for this next room wasn't working, so the front desk attendant told me to shower, freshen up, and the room would be sorted --- fine except the bathroom drain was clogged and water came out black. I skipped the shower and went searching for a place to relax or get food, but the restaurants I was pointed to didn't open until 7.30pm (one was closed completely until notice). When the room situation was finally resolved, a front desk worker called my room at 9pm to ask me to go to a movie with him, adding that he had the next day off. Though I explained I wasn't interested, he pressed, asking if I wanted a later check out --- then if he could bring anything up to my room. I have never encountered this kind of behavior from hotel staff. Lastly, though guests are allowed to use the gym facility, they are shown an outside changing room and not permitted to use the actual spa/locker room facilities. Don't stay here.

Room tip: I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here, full stop.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank redheadlefthand
DuttVijay, General Manager at The Ashok, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Ms. Michelle,

Greetings from The Ashok !

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at The Ashok.

We sincerely apologize for not meeting up to your expectations during your stay. Each concern raised by you has my attention and is being looked into seriously. I would like to assure you that safety and comfort of our guests is of paramount importance. We have taken cognizance of the reported incident and in line with our stringent policy of zero tolerance of such reported behavior, strong and appropriate action is being taken to prevent such reoccurrences in future.

I shall be grateful if you could treat this as an isolated incident. It will be our Endeavour to turn your experience around and ensure you carry warm memories of your stay on your next visit to The Ashok.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times,

Vijay Dutt

The Ashok , New Delhi

Reviewed 20 October 2018

While the hotel is centrally located, it had certain issues. Check in process was long as there were inadequate staff at the reception and the only person was busy attending to a white shirt white pants clad gentleman. It was difficult to locate the room as there were no guiding boards. Rooms were marked with inconveniently placed tables. Typically one would bump into one table or the other while navigating inside the room. And while checking out, I wa asked some unnecessary questions even though I showed an email which said the room was prepaid. It was a question of mistrust!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Hotel was not as per our expectations. AC was not working and had to call front desk several times to fix it. They fix and again it break. They were not able to provide regular amenities as well. Their escalator has lots of wear and tear. Rooms has lots of dust. People don't listen there.

Their breakfast buffet has lots of variety, but quality of food is worst. I will advise to consider this hotel as 3 star and not 5 star.

Room tip: consider this as 3 star and not 5 star
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vaibhav g
Reviewed 5 October 2018

The Ashok in New Delhi is one of the oldest luxury hotels in the capital. It is spread in a sprawling property. The rooms though old is well maintained and nicely furnished. You can get very good deals for the stay.

Date of stay: February 2018