Gangula Villa
  • Restaurant
The Secret Kandy(Kandy)
US$240
US$210
All reviewslocal tuk tukexcellent boutique hotelwould highly recommend staying herethe ownerhuge bathroomfour poster bedtop floorsri lankahome away from homethree nightson arrivalnice viewbatiksuitebalconydriverreceptionist
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Mr. Dilshan, Chef and crew should be commended for their outstanding service. The villa is entirely warm and charming with very clean and comfortable rooms. Lovely balconies and sitting areas all around. But what really won my applause was their response to my allergy issue (. Nightshade: tomato, chilli, capsicum eggplant, white potatoes ) The chef took it upon himself to create an entire Sri Lankan dinner for me- entirely nightshade free! Nobody had ever done that for me.
It was amazing ! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2018

a small hotel with a few rooms - individually named and designed - wonderful modern design for the public areas and views to nearby hills from both the restaurant and bedrooms. the staff is very personable, provide a great breakfast and if you order ahead will serve dinner (which is also highly recommended)
the hotel is a short drive from the main City but worlds apart and a great place to unwind.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Quiet hotel outside of Kandy’s busy streets. A few small rooms decorated with taste, friendly and even talkative staff, cosy dining room unusually on the last floor which provides for a nice view in addition to good food. In total a nice boutique hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2018

This is a small hotel -5/6 rooms only- with a big heart....The four guys who made up the staff team during our stay were wonderful, nothing too much trouble and always wanting to check that we were happy and had got everything we needed. There is no garden or pool here, just a very welcoming reception area and a small covered terrace. Rooms well appointed and spotlessly clean. Service and food also excellent- at breakfast the chef gives you a dinner menu with two options for main course and meals are served in the dining room on the top floor. We loved the almost “house guest” feeling whilst in Gangula and would happily commend it to anyone who, like ourselves, would rather not stay in a large soulless hotel and instead get a real feel of Sri Lankan hospitality

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Gangula V, Manager at Gangula Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Ms. Margaret s

Thank you very much for your comments & we had a good time with you.

We wish you all the very best and long life .

Thanks

Gangula villa team

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

When I arrived at Kandy, our hotel reservation at another hotel went missing. That being said - last minute - I booked a room at the Gangula Villa and was so happy I did. Although the place is a little out of the way and tuk tuk drivers even mind find it difficult to find, Gangula Villa is definitely worth the stay!

From the very beginning, we were greeted by four huge smiles and an eagerness to care for our every need that I have seldom seen in other places. The owner and the staff are a tight knit group - family even - that shows in everything they do. They take care of the 4 or 5 rooms immaculately; they make repairs as soon as they are reported; will arrange anything and everything a guest might need. The chef is not just the chef, for example. In his down time he could be seen helping the others, repairing a light fixture, or Bringing out an ironing board that I requested. And this is true for every staff member here. The owner is truly a lucky man to have this staff! He knows it and it shows in the way he treats them.

I’m hoping to return to Kandy one day for work. If there is any way that I can book this again, there is no doubt I will.

Chinthka, you have an amazing place. I commend you for it!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Gangula V, Manager at Gangula Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear Sir, First of all thank you very much for taking time to share your review for us, Thank you very much for staying with us. Best Regards! Gangula Team