All reviews old town wonderful view of the bay pool area concrete beach the cleaning lady hungarians montenegro danica maintenance language
Reviewed 13 September 2016

We stayed here on a group tour. Our room was in the mimosa building. The room was mouldy, the carpet was stained and dirty. The shower was so leaky we called it a lake. The buffet breakfast was plentiful, but the orange juice was horrible. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I would not recommend staying in this hotel building. There are many other buildings on the property, perhaps they are better.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Artiewendt
Reviewed 16 August 2016

The service and the management of the hotel was very poor and unprofessional. On the first day of our stay the key cards opening the door weren't working and the problem wasn't fixed until the evening the day after so every time we wanted to enter the room we had to go to the reception and ask the receptionist to open the door for us. We had to wait for ages until someone actually had time to go all the way to our room and open the door. On the last night of our stay someone broke into our room and took many valuable devices such as tablets and phones as well as a lot of money. The management didn't seem to care at all, TOOK NO RESPONSIBILITY and in general didn't to anything to help. There were a few guards on duty as well as cameras and even though the theft happened and stayed unresolved, it's been over a month now. There were cameras all over the place and when we asked to check the footage they said the cameras are fake so they can't do anything. They said we could have used safes however there were so small there was no way a tablet or a computer could fit in there. For a hotel that rates itself 4 stars it's unacceptable that a theft like that happens and is not being taken care of. Definitely don't recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Anna091994
Reviewed 7 August 2016

I have decided to visit this hotel again and did not regret it.
I've got the same room like last year and it was regularly serviced.
Pool was nice and clean-water was a bit cold for my liking but I put that down to the fact that I am used to higher temperatures as I am living in Middle East for a while now.
More attention should be paid to maintenance as some areas are quite old and in dire need of handyman attention.
Food in the restaurant was good and well prepared.
Resort staff was helpful and courteous.
I would especially like to give credit to F&B manager Nenad Bukeljovic and rooms guy Dejan Scekic for being helpful.
Only issue I had(to my surprise) was with main chef- lady called Zagorka.
My daughter is gluten intolerant and I usually ask kitchen guys to cook pasta that I bring and until now that was not an issue.
One evening I asked for handful of GF spaghetti to be cooked and when I asked for it after 30 minutes above mentioned lady took the liberty to shout on me that I should wait longer as she is waiting her whole life???
Needles to say, I did not ask them for anything anymore and whole exchange left a bitter taste....
Parking is still an issue so better come without the car as it will cause you trouble.

I will be visiting this hotel again for sure but will bring my own cooker :(

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank IvanGrozni011
Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Far worse than you expect from a 4* hotel! My room was very nice and clean but i was on the second floor and there was no light infront of the entrance of the bilding at all so every night I had to go use my phone to light up stairs and to lock my room!
Staff on the reception is more than useless!!! They made me a huge problem with my credit card and when I asked them to help me solve the problem they made they brought me one very old lady who doesn't know english at all to tell me- you have to solve your problems by yourself, it is not our thing anymore! Such a behaviour is totally unacceptable!
The security worker on the parking lot was giving me inappropriate comments every single day asking me why am i alone and when he can come to make me company...
I will not go there again never ever again and I don't recomend to anyone!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank SanjaSerbia
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We (2 adults with kids) were there in the second half of July. Your experiences could be slightly different depending on the building where your room is located but these issues are probably general:
- totally overcrowded parking facility, cars are often blocking each other
- food is average or at least far from the other Hunguest hotels' standard
- there are some 'makeshift' solutions (e.g. naked plastic savage pipes) and smelly drainage - way below 4 star
- staff is moderately helpful and lacks the initiative to solve obvious issues (e.g. refill hand wash dispenser)

Other experiences:
- No mosquito net on the windows. It won't hurt but -->
- Only one air condition equipment in a suite with two rooms (connected by a short corridor), which only moves the air without cooling
- There were regular 'intruders' (local teenagers) from the nearby promenade using the hotel's own pool - despite the effort of the security team...
- On weekends you can enjoy the bands playing all night on the promenade (for free) - by closed windows, too

Room tip: Don't accept bungalows (villas) 1, 2 and 3 with "sea view" (+25% charge) next to the pool because the view is mainly blocked by huge trees.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family