“Appalling customer service”

AeroParacas
Ranked #13 of 19 Outdoor Activities in Nazca
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: AeroParacas is a tourist airline that has 26 years of experience flying over the geoglyphs of the Nazca Lines.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

We had a very unlucky experience with this company and I did not like the way they dealt with it initially. A passenger had a panic attack and we had to make an emergency landing. When I asked if I could get on another plane, they told me everything was full. They initially took no responsibility at all. A couple of guys had been waiting almost 3 hours and I think they realized they needed to charter another plane for us and them. We spent 90 minutes at the airport just waiting for our first flight, with little to no information on departure.

The other issue is that we were forced to pay the airport tax twice. This was an issue with the airport staff not the company, however they did not offer to cover these costs, which I thought was another flaw since it is their responsibility.

That being said, we had a wonderful pilot who speaks English extremely well, and even showed us some of the more obscure geoglyphs.

If I could do the nazca lines again, I would have chosen a different company.

1  Thank 1reLand22
in 5 reviews
"motion"
"lima"

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Background: I've been wanting to visit the Nazca lines since I was a kid in the 80's so this was a dream come true and a real bucket list check. I was going in really excited and expectations were pretty of high.

Booking: We book it through our AirBnB (while in Lima) host who was really awesome and before he hangs up the phone, we got the confirmation email. We were given the option to pay online via my visa or pay at the airport. I choose visa since I can pay the airport tax all at once. Then I got the receipt right after as well.

PIckup: Nazca is a very small town and all the hotels and restaurants are located in the same area. A van picked us up @ 7:30AM and they were on the dot. We got to the airport after a 5-6 min ride.

Airport: You can tell the airport's main function is for tourist. The terminal is made up of souvenir shops and various Nazca flight airline kiosks. We were instructed to step on a scale to weight ourselves, this is to balance out the plane and separate the group, so don't be surprised if you and your friend will be on different planes/flights. Which is fine since you won't be able to talk to your friend in the air anyways cause it's so loud and you are busy looking at the lines. Since most people booked their flight locally or paid on site, we were the only people who paid in advance and they wanted me to pay the airport tax - after I showed them my receipt and they made a quick call to their head office in Lima, things were sorted out really quickly. You can't take any backpacks onto the flight, again due to weight - you can leave it behind the counter. I had to leave my camera backpack with them and it was fine.

The flight: We were escorted on to the tarmac and given a couple mins to take pics of the plane before we climbed into it. Our pilot looked like Vin Diesel lol If i remember correctly, there were 3 (maybe 4) rows of 2's so you and your friend beside you both have a window seat. In front, there is the pilot (Toretto) and his co-pilot who did not do much talking. After takeoff, we saw the first line within 3-5 mins. The pilot talks through the mic into your headphone letting you know what you are seeing and where (it's always below the wing). Like the previous reviews the plane does bank really hard left and right - this is to make sure you get an awesome view of the lines. I had no problem with that. But I do agree with not to eat/drink anything prior to your flight. Think of a ∞ (infinity symbol) with the lines inside the circle, that's the flight path each time we saw a new line. I appreciate the co-pilot directing me where to look even when the line was not on my side yet :) I sat right behind him.

The pilot will fly over all the main Nazca animals, however just keep your eyes open because there were WAY more on the ground than the ones he was announcing, especially the geometrical shapes which I found to be even more impressive as they were much bigger in size. All in all, the pilots were polite, courteous and knew what they were doing.

The entire flight was about 50 mins and the landing was smooth as well. You get a little certificate saying you've done the Nazca flights. Afterward, the bus took us back to the hotel.

Camera: Yes your cell phone can take pics, however, if you are planning on taking your DSLR like I did, then 70-200mm lens would be your perfect lens. Up the contrast in post-processing and you are gold.

In conclusion, I give the experience and the air tour 5/5 given my hype and high expectations. At the same time, if you are from anywhere in North America, just remember your expectations needs to be realistic (customer service, building infrastructure can't be compared to what we have at home) and you will have a great time :)

AeroParacasNazca, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at AeroParacas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear NeoChaser:

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your first ever experience flying over the Nazca Lines with our flight time of 30 minutes and stunning postcard view. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

- AeroParacas TripAdvisor Team

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We enjoy a lot our trip over Nazca lines using Aeroparacas. The personnel were kind and ver attentive asking if we caugh the figures and if we were dizzy. The best time to take the fligh is at first time in the morning because is not to hot and the wind is quiet. The airplane looked well maintained.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

As previous reviewers have said, the flight itself was okay and the co-pilot explained a little to us. However, customer service was appalling. No communication about what was going on when we were waiting in the airport, very unfriendly and, frankly, uninterested in the customers. We felt like we were an inconvenience rather than the reason they had jobs.

1  Thank notanotherjedi
AeroParacasNazca, Director de Relaciones Públicas at AeroParacas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hello cowsandmoons

First I want to thank you for giving us some time and commenting on your experience with us.
I tell you that we have taken your opinion into account and we have already taken steps in the matter to improve communication and customer service.
We hope this has not affected your overflight to the Nazca Lines

Have a great day!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We've been on a tour in Peru and Galapagos with my daughter in July and August last year. I always wanted to see the Nazca Lines from the air, but reading about the tragedies due to the unmaintained fleet of some of the tour providers there made me hesitating for a long time. A few weeks before departure I've decided to do it anyway and started to look for the most reliable tour provider and chose AeroParacas. They were quite communicative and helpful, did not even request for deposit, offered transfer from the bus station to the airport and back to our hotel, sent us all the details, photo IDs of their employees. Overall, they made a very good impression from the first minute I have contacted them.

Right after arriving to Lima we took a bus to Nazca. One of their staff was waiting for us at the bus station, took us to the airport, and within an hour we were on the plane above the lines!

For me the flight was not a big deal, but I flew small planes myself. Some of the other passengers threw up, because the whole tour is about sharp turns above the lines and the stall warning signal kicks in all the time. They really have to fly on the edge to be able to show all the lines for all the passengers sitting on both sides of the plane and to save fuel.

After the flight we got the promised lift to our hotel and we have also booked two more tours - car tours this time - with AeroParacas to see some interesting Inca sites nearby Nazca.

We have received a high level of service. I understand the problems of others who are not satisfied, some of our fellow passengers on the plane spent more than half a day waiting for their flights, but I cannot write anything negative, all our experiences were very good.

Note that if you expect to see the lines as you see them on the television, don't go on this tour. You fly high above the terrain, some of the lines are very hard to be recognised and if you are nervous or sick from the flight you cannot even concentrate to look for the different shapes on the ground. If you are not willing to fly, there is no point to spend about 9 hours on the bus from Lima to go to Nazca, there is not much more to see there. If you affraid of motion sickness, get a tablet from your doctor before traveling and take it at least an hour before the flight.