“Amazing Experience”

Explore Sahara Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine a stay in the Moroccan desert, travelling by camel over the sand dunes and sleeping in traditional Berber tents. You watch the sky and sand turning pink and red as the sun sets. Then the moon rises against an incredible background of stars in the cooling, clear night air. You admire the peace and beauty of the world, enjoying a delicious Moroccan meal cooked over a timeless camp fire. Wherever your imagination has just taken you, Explore Sahara Tours Camp Can help you make it come true
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Three friends and I did a four day, three night tour. We started in Marrakech and ended in Casablanca, with stops in the Atlas Mountains, Ouarzazate, the Valley of Roses, Dades Gourge, Todra Gourge, the dunes of Merzouga, the forests of Aztou, Irfane, and Fes.

The tour definitely surpassed our expectations and we felt like we saw an impressive amount of the country in just a few days. Seeing the super busy city of Marrakech, the beautiful oasis’s in the gorges, the dune sea in the Sahara, the rolling green countrysides, and forests filled with friendly monkeys all in four days made it seem like we were traveling through different continents every day.

Our guide and driver, Mustafah was great as well. He spoke Arabic, Berber, English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese all proficiently and was very knowledgeable about Moroccan culture and history.

The accommodations we stayed in, including the tents in Merzouga, were incredibly nice and hospitable even though we chose the cheapest accommodation option.

1  Thank Andrew L
in 7 reviews
"long trip"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I took the 3 day tour from marrakech to merzouga. We got Ismail as our driver/guide. He’s very patient, friendly and efficient. He would take many stops along the way for us to take beautiful panoramic pictures, snacks and toilet break. He brought us to good local places for lunch and we were also provided with bottled water for three days. The whole trip in general was amazing. The food served for dinners were 3 course meals and were delicious. For breakfast, we have a buffet of local & continental cuisine. Before the camel ride, we were taken to a gorgeous riad in Merzouga to rest and prepare for a night in the sahara. The camel ride was a once in a lifetime experience. The desert camp exceeded our expectations and was very warm and comfortable. After our camel ride from the sahara to merzouga, we were provided a room to shower before heading back to marrakech. Overall, the tour was incredible and definitely worth it. Everyone we met were very friendly and we definitely had a great time. Would recommend!!!

1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked a 2 night desert trek with these guys based on TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. Said was very welcoming from the moment we arrived at Dar Marhaba where we safely left our rental car and excess luggage. We mounted our camels a little later than anticipated due to the windy weather, but arrived to the camp in the middle of the desert with plenty of time before sunset, which allowed time for some sandboarding. The camp facilities were comfortable, there was ample bedding for this time of year, and the toilet was very convenient. After sunset we all headed for the dinner tent where we were served large portions of delicious food. There was even a desert cat that hung around for a feed. After dinner entertainment included singing and dancing (shout out to Said’s cousin Mohammed for his great dance moves). On day 2 we took a 2.5 hour camel ride to a previous oasis which no longer has above ground water. There is still a few palms trees and other shrubs though. It was relaxing spending the day here and we particularly enjoyed the sunset view from the high dunes above this camp spot. We were lucky to have Said as our guide for the whole trek, he is a very entertaining man, great singer, and we really enjoyed his company. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience and would definitely use Explore Sahara Tours next time in Morocco!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hassan was such a great host. He arranged everything so well to make our trip to the Sahara possible. He made us feel comfortable and welcome. We only stayed for a day, so we missed the night sky, but still our experience was excellent.

1  Thank anuschkagrotz
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2018

I booked a 5 day 4 night tour starting in Marrakech and ending in Fes, including 2 nights in the Merzouga desert. During this tour, I saw so many amazing and crazy beautiful sights and stayed in nice, comfortable and cosy places. Omar was my driver, and I feel like I hit the jackpot with this man. Not only is he a safe and careful driver, he is also very personable and a fun person to be with, which makes for an excellent companion especially during the long drives. He is fluent in many languages, and is also very knowledgeable about Moroccan history and culture, frequently giving me tidbits of information about the villages/towns/cities that we visit or drive past. For anyone who has Omar as their driver, I definitely recommend asking him as many questions as you can. Said was my main guide in the desert, and like Omar, he was extremely accommodating and always making sure my Sahara experience was great and hassle-free. The desert camps were surprisingly quaint and comfortable. On my second night, I even stayed in a tent with shower and toilet inside them! In the day, you have free rein to do whatever you want - sandboarding, climbing to the high dunes to take pictures, etc. Overall, my experience with this excellent tour has been the highlight of my Morocco trip and I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to have a 5 star Sahara experience.

2  Thank NickKCh
jonas752, Propriétaire at Explore Sahara Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

We are glad to know that you have very nice experience with us we are so happy when all our guests are happy,and that they found what they come for. We value the visit and the dream of traveling and the distance you come from ! :) so all in all its more than job .we hope we well have chance to meet you and to hear from you again Thank you for the lovely review Greating from the Deser