“Unforgettable Night in the Desert”

Review of Rum Planet Camp

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
adriennes...
Seattle, Washington
“Unforgettable Night in the Desert”
Reviewed 2 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

As part of a spring break trip to Israel, myself and five friends decided to spend one night in Jordan visiting Wadi Rum in the Rum Planet Bedouin tent camp. This visit, originally supposed to be a side trip, ended up being the highlight of my entire vacation. We made the border crossing into Jordan from Eilat, Israel and were driven to meet our Bedouin guide at the entrance of Wadi Rum. He arrived in a pickup truck so that we could sit on cushions in the flatbed and view the stunning rock formations all around us. Wadi Rum is truly like visiting another planet, and the bedouin hosts make the experience extra special. After dropping off our bags, we drove for two hours through the desert to see various landscapes, trading outposts, the filming sites for popular movies such as The Martian and Aladdin (not yet released), and the sunset. Our group then headed back to camp for a traditional chicken and rice dinner, cooked underground and shared communally among guests. About halfway through the meal, one of our guides offered to take us into the desert on camels to stargaze and learn traditional bedouin navigational tactics in what became an unforgettable experience. The tent camp is comfortable, with woven goat fur walls that keep the nighttime chill to a minimum and running water in the shared bathroom and shower space. The food was simple but delicious. For travelers in the region, I would absolutely recommend you take the extra time to visit Rum Planet Camp.

Management Response
28 Aug 2018
Thank you very much for the nice words and we hope to see you again someday :)
Christoph...
“GREAT! !!!”
Reviewed 21 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I had a dreamlike stay in this tent Camp. After arrival and warm welcome by the staff, i received a very tasty lunch in a bedouin's tent.
Afterwards my friendly Tourguide Najy led me in a 4 hours Jeeptour to the nicest and most imposing places of the Wadi Rum. At the end of this adventure, i saw an impressive Sundowner of this marvellous scenery.
The auxilary readiness and hospitality Ahmads, Najys and Sufijans were typical for this spectacular Trip.
I 'll coming back.

hdfisher
Davis, California
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed 20 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

We stayed one night and had a great time. The camp is in a stunning location and Ahmad and everyone there made us feel very comfortable and were very generous and open. Ahmad arranged a full day camel trek for us from the camp too. Highly recommended!

Silvia P
“The best experience in my life!”
Reviewed 6 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

We were group of 7 people and stayed for two night in Rum planet camp and there is nothing bad I should tell! From the first moment, everybody was very nice, polite and generous. they offered us shisha (i fell in love with the lemon flavour), black tea with sugar and salvia and prepared delicious dinner made burried in the ground. Next day thez took us for jeep driving through wadi rum desert, we had stops in many interesting places. For me the best experience was climbing. Im afraid of heights so I had to fight with myself to go on and not look down. I had so much adrenaline in the blood that I felt how it goes through my vessels and brings warm and I was shaking a bit. But when we were on the end, I was so euphoric!! Totally recommend it, but prepare good shoes and be careful.At night, when sun went down and moon hadn´t risen yet, we were stargazing. We all have the best memories from this place, definitelly this wasnt the last time we were here :)

Your age range 18-24
Zazouky
Muenster, Germany
“Perfect camp for desert lovers and bedouin life experience”
Reviewed 21 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

This camp is the perfect location for everyone who wants an amazing experience in the beautiful desert of Wadi Rum. The place is not overloaded with nonsense and luxury stuff like some other camps in Rum, but gives you the perfect balance of an authentic bedouin lifestyle experience and moderate comfort (temporarily electrical current from a solar panel, bathroom and shower complex, towels, fixed tents with beds and linen - but of course you can also sleep outside right under the sky if you prefer so). Ahmad and his team are really amazing guys and you can see their love and hard work on every detail, for the camp is mostly made by their own hands. The food in general is amazing and plenty, you may have the traditional Bedouin meal "zarb" for dinner which is grilled underground for a few hours. Believe me - you don't want to miss that! They always give their best to make your stay unforgettable cause all that matters for them is to let you feel the beauty of the desert life. Whatever you like to know or see - you will be more than satisfied about their service. The camp life is calm during the day to provide room for relaxation or adventures (e.g. in 4x4 jeeps or on camel back) and in the evening focuses on the social aspect of gatherings in the cozy sitting areas where you will have a campfire, tea and stories or songs of the Bedouins. After that you may have a stargazing walk and be totally overwhelmed by the billions of stars while you can learn something about the star constellations. I absolutely love this camp and the people there and would recommend it to everyone who goes to Wadi Rum to really feel and experience the desert! (However, if you like to have a swimming pool, air condition, fancy parties or alcoholic excesses, than this is definitely the wrong place for you).

Your age range 25-34
Management Response
22 Jan 2018
Thank you for the very nice words, It was great to have you here and you are most welcome whenever you decide to come again...
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing