See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 January 2017

The pool here is only 50 baht to swim. Proper swimwear is required. We take our kids here to swim on a regular basis. There's a proper shallow end for small children separated from the deep water. The restaurant is also next to the pool so we can get coffee while the kids are swimming. However, service can be slow, as there's usually only one or two workers.

Date of stay: January 2017
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Cleanliness and comfortable accommodations it is near a center of pai and have service to shopping street for free.You will see mountains view and beautiful gardening with clear view. Recommend for over 2 nights.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 27 December 2016

Kung Kang is 1.4 km out of town and it sits on a nice piece of land. There are ponds, rose gardens, windmills, chili gardens and a huge, funky sort of concrete mish-mash of a swimming pool with a nice sun deck and some slightly tired recliners.

Check in was smooth and very friendly. I think the managers name is Afaa, and the driver of the shuttle is Kai, I believe. Both are very cool and absolutely looking to make your stay a pleasant one.

The rooms are spacious and chock a block full of kitschy knick knacks. I had a friend who had a bit of a Lladro (porcelain figures) addiction and when I checked into Sweetie 101 it was like I had stepped back in time. I had a porcelain ballerina, Charlie Chaplin as the Tramp and two post modern chickens... But the room was huge, the bed was moderately soft and very comfortable and the bathroom was relatively clean, but I had to turn the shower pressure down to 1/3 in order to get the temp of the water to lukewarm, at full flow the water was cold as a grave diggers heart.

The room had a fridge and the AC was adjustable so the temps were just right.

Breakfast was buffet style and there was a decent variety of foods. I couldn't find brewed coffee, just instant, but the tea was ok. Nice assortment of fruit. A very vocal, slightly belligerent little cat seemed to add a touch of home to the scene.

Not your typical resort, but charming in its own way. And the people that run it are very cool.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ZivBnd
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I are pretty flexible travelers and definitely not picky. But we found this place to be absolutely horrible. The staff treated us as an inconvenience, and when we would ask for things such as an extra role of toilet paper, their eyes would roll and they would begrudgingly give us one. Our room's sink and toilet were both broken, leading to leaks and a smell of sewage that permeated the room. We woke up one morning to our electronics covered in ants that had been living in the outlet. The pool water smelled like fish (we swam anyways). And to top it off, the towels and bathroom mat were dirty and stained when we arrived. To be honest, the place is in disrepair and looks little like the photos. I've never felt this unwelcome anywhere... once our stay was over, we left and checked in elsewhere. There are far better places to stay in Pai.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Spent the day here earlier this week. 50 baht to use the pool and average drinks prices. Pretty much had the place to ourselves barring a few other loungers and a couple of gents doing lengths although we were disturbed frequently by buses of tourists stopping for 5 or 10 minutes to pose and giggle by the pool though by no means were they ever going to touch the water.

Has everything you need, just bring swimming suit, flip flops and a towel (although the sun soon dries you out). The sun beds and umbrellas are all of a good standard and the pool was kept quite clean.

One area for improvement is the service at the bar. A couple of times I had to go looking for somebody to take my order and they didn't clear any of our plates/glasses away during our time there.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple