Lowest prices for your stay
US$142
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
PricelineUS$149
Orbitz.comUS$142
TravelocityUS$142
All reviews nice hotel boats miramare mountains coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2019

I was looking for a small, quaint place to have lunch when for some unknown reason I chose this hotel restaurant across the street from the small harbor. I ordered sampler platter of fish and was treated to one of the best meals I had in Croatia. I didn’t think a sampler platter would be enough and I ordered a Greek salad as well. Well, I can’t believe I ate the whole thing!! The feta wasn’t like anything I had eaten before. Such a moist and smooth, light flavored feta.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Geary B
Reviewed 3 October 2019

At all cost do not stay here the food on the buffet is what can only be described as awful. Most of the staff are rude and just simply ignore you. Although the room at first glance looks clean it is far from it with dust everywhere. The phone did not work in the room we complained 3-4 times each time they said someone would look at it which they didn’t. My 3 year old son tried to take a plate of food from the Buffett outside and the staff went crazy telling us he couldn’t, the only reason I can see why he couldn’t is because they didn’t want the people In the restaurant attached to our hotel to see the rubbish they serve in the buffet (this was only a plate of COLD chips) we will never stay here again. The only good part of this hotel is the location.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank James W
Reviewed 27 August 2019

Overall happy with this stay. We were travelling around Croatia with a car, and in order to reduce stress/difficulty, we chose our hotels based on sorting by 'free parking available'. On arrival at Hotel Biokovo, we were informed by staff that the carpark was full and advised to pay excessive amounts to park nearby. This was quite frustrating after arranging for the hotel based on parking - eventually staff informed us of free parking a 10-15 minute walk away. If the carpark is full, staff really should arrange another alternative for guests rather than trying to persuade them to pay elsewhere.

The room was clean and spacious, the view over the water was beautiful. Although the photos demonstrate a balcony, most rooms do not have one (we did not) - only the top tier room. Location is 10/10 on the riviera and walking distance from everywhere in Makarska. Bed was comfortable and we slept well. Internet worked with no concerns. Breakfast was adequate although not the most luxurious breakfast spread.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank jlbmpms
Reviewed 4 August 2019

Dirty dirty dirty !

The restaurant is awfully dirty for a 4* Hotel. I have been all around the world from 2* hotels to 5* hotels to motels and hostels and this supposed 4* hotel reminded me of a cheap motel in Thailand.

The restaurant has great food BUT its hard to enjoy that food when all the dishes were dirty every day. I had to switch 3-4 plates to get one without dirt. The restaurant also has a HUGE FLY problem! Flies are sitting on fruits and sauces and desertes all the time. Totally nasty.
And dont even get me started on the chairs which look classy but are also dirty. You should choose the material of a chair more carefully next time. Looks good but does not function good in a restauraunt if you cant clean it daily.

I dont mind young people working. I dont mind students making some money in their vacation time but your waiters have to remember that its a 4* hotel and that i paid 1.3k € to stay at the hotel for 7 days. I did miss some professionalism that you get from more experienced waiters. Example: The young waiters put forks and knifes on the dirty chairs where 30 people sit a day and already look dirty and then put it back on the table after they switches out the linen. I sow many other guests roll their eyes and whisper. Many people also switches around chairs and avoided certain tables because they were dirty.

The rooms were big and comfy. The receptionists nice and ready to help.

I'm sad to give a bad review because i enjoyed makarska a lot. But a nice room doesnt make it up for a dirty and uncomfortable restaurant which are mostly the high lights of a good hotel where your wife puts up nice clothes to eat a nice dinner in a nice hotel restaurant and not have a russian buffet with FLIES.

Room tip: ACs are great. Sea view is blocked by trees.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoupleTravles36
Reviewed 24 July 2019

The restaurant at Hotel Biokovo is not recommended. It looked stylish and was clean, but the food and service wad somewhat disappointing.The service was quite aloof even though polite enough, and when I found a hair in my Greek salad,  I was righly given å new one with a tired aplology.  The new salad looked a mess and was missing two ingredients.  My son's calzone was also lacking oregano as advertised in the menu, and appeared dull and tasted likewise.

Date of stay: July 2019