“Lot's of food and good”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #17 of 1,017 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 17 August 2018

You won't leave here hungry, the plate is full. Pancakes are their speciality however the other choices are just as good. On street parking is no problem however during rush hour seating and service are. Looking forward to the chance to return.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

It’s pretty busy. But worth any wait. Coffee is okay (but I’m a coffee snob). They aren’t shy about feeding you. The French toast is amazing, bacon nice and crisp without being burned, they can actually cook a steak to medium rare, eggs are awesome. The service was truly the best. Our waitress, Lisa, truly works very hard (I haven’t seen her slow down the whole time we were here and she always kept my coffee full), is completely honest, and made our visit even better.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The pancakes had a wonderful taste .. I ordered the bacon and eggs that came with 3 pancakes 4 slices of bacon and plenty of eggs .. price is a little more than I liked but very tasty..

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

My husband, 3 daughters and I were traveling through Birmingham and needed a quick breakfast spot. I looked up reviews and settled on OPH. We arrived with front door parking and no wait. The menu had a wide variety. My girls got the 5 dollar pancakes with a side of eggs. My husband got a strawberry crepe with bacon and eggs. I got blueberry pancakes with eggs and bacon. I don’t think we left anything on our plates. Everything was great. Service was fast and friendly. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed the food here. I'm a picky eater especially concerning breakfast foods. There was something for everyone. This restaurant is vegan friendly, family friendly and picky eater friendly. The wait was a bit long and the seating was tight. But the customer service and food makes up for that.