Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 January 2016

Mr. Hu went out of his way to assist me when I was lost. He spoke english very well. Drove me around at no extra cost. I stay briefly as I have book another hotel elsewhere which I could not cancel. Great location for hotel. I would not hesitate to stay at his hotel.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2015

Mr. Hu speaks good English and his wife and daughter can speak a little bit of English too. They are extremely helpful! As I took a private taxi from Hongcun to Tangkou, the taxi driver dropped me at the bus station in Tangkou. Mr. Hu came to pick me up at the bus station, brought me to the hotel to leave my stuff and drove me back to the bus station to get the bus to the bottom of the mountain. I bought a raincoat for 5RMB with him and at the mountain it was 10RMB. He lent to me a wooden stick to walk in the mountain. He was really helpful! His wife and daughter showed to me where to get the bus to Tunxi. They took me to the road and stayed there with me until the bus arrived and I figured which bus to get. Unbelievable! The rooms are very large and clean, the bathroom has a very good shower and a western style toilet. There are hygiene stuff available too. There was no hairdryer or aircon remote control in the room, but I asked them and they gave it to me at the reception. The bedsheets were clean and cosy, the food in the restaurant was very good! They even have a menu in English and ice cold beer, which is rare in small towns! The hotel is located just off the main road of the bus station, like 15mins walk from where you take the bus to the mountain. There are restaurants, shops, supermarket close by. I really enjoyed my stay there and would recommend to anybody!

Room tip: Maybe the room facing the back of the hotel is quieter.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank TalitaNaomi
Reviewed 29 April 2015

We were completely disorganised for our trip to Huangshan. When we arrived at the nearby local bus station, we met Mr Hu and took a gamble on staying at his hotel. He drove us to his hotel, fed us breakfast, drove us to the mountain to begin our hike and organised our return bus trip to Shanghai. The next day we ended up climbing down the mountain in the dark (as we had missed the last cable car back down - total idiots, right!). We called Mr Hu and he was happy to pick us up in the darkness when all the buses had left for the day. I thought Mr Hu was an incredibly friendly guy, he spoke English well enough and the prices were very affordable (especially if you are used to Shanghai prices). I have read some bad comments on the prices charged, I would add that perhaps some foreigners are not used to dealing with Chinese people when it comes to money. The accommodation itself is quite basic and not in the best location, but that wasn't an issue for us. Thanks Mr Hu for everything!

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2014

I wished we'd read the reviews on here before booking so we knew what to expect! I have to say we had no complaints about the actual hotel and for the price it was excellent value. But we do have mixed feelings. We'd only read really positive reviews about how helpful and friendly Mr Hu is. Actually to start with we had a similar experience, he picked us up from the bus station, sold us a Huangshan map (which turned out not to be very good) and gave us advice on our trip. But we are on a tight budget and we found that when this became apparent, he was less keen to help. It also felt that nothing was very transparent e.g. The price of breakfast was quoted the night before and then the next day it had gone up. He offered to take us to the waterfall when we arrived but we went to our room to shower and change and when we came down 15 mins later he said it was too late, even though it was still open & he hadn't said we had to leave immediately. He did drive us to the bus station to get to Huangshan which was nice but to be honest it would be a really cheap taxi ride as it's barely 5 mins up the road and although he said we could go at any time at 7.20 when we were still eating breakfast he hurried us out the door. I've read that this had happened to other people too. You might prefer to make your own way or if not, be very clear about when you want to leave. I have travelled a lot in China and I thought his restaurant was okay but a bit overpriced for the quality although we did only eat there so have no comparison from the local area. The biggest issue we had was with getting a bus ticket. We were quite prepared to go and get the ticket ourselves but Mr Hu insisted. We realised he'd added on some money to what the cost should be, but we didn't mind that because it saved us a job although I'd much prefer if that was made upfront and clear. However we didn't actually get any tickets and the bus wasn't the normal public bus. We spent quite a lot of time asking him which Nanjing bus station we'd be taken to as our Chinese is limited and we can't afford to just jump in a taxi. He was quite dismissive. Then as we were boarding he told us it would drop us at a hotel. It didn't, it dropped us on a road in Nanjing & we had no idea where we were. Luckily we found a subway before too long but we were upset that we'd been dropped no where identifiable when we were quite clear we wanted to take the public bus to a bus station. The hotel is fine but bear the reviews of the way it is run in mind.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Harris81
Reviewed 30 October 2014

Normal hotel. You can find arround the area more hostels like that for the same price. Dont book tiket bus with him the price is doble at the first moment. The first word in the morning is you want breakfast. Tiket. and after ge say good morning. I hope Mr Hu change the mentality or he lost many customers.

Date of stay: October 2014