“Our favourite apartment in Brazil”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Vista Chinesa
Prainha
Arcos da Lapa
Prainha
Outeiro da Gloria, close to the studio
Sight of Suggar Loaf from Outeiro da Gloria
Fair of organic products on saturday morning
Jazz Bar at the corner of our street
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
420shan
United Kingdom
“Our favourite apartment in Brazil”
Reviewed 3 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Odette is an amazing,friendly & warm host, we throughly enjoyed our stay at her apartment! The location was central to many places we wanted to visit, also was very clean & well supplied with all we needed for our stay!
The view from the window is amazing we sat by the window daily.
I will definitely stay at this apartment again, thanks again Odette!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location & window view
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Adventure...
Brisbane, Australia
“Property overstated in the description - 5 stars, NEVER!”
Reviewed 20 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

First of all the good points:
1- The hosts were very warm and friendly - they provided us with a starter pack of bread, cheese and ham. We have had the same lovely service at other apartments in other countries too.
2-The apartment was clean, light and bright.

Now the bad points:
1-under "details" in the description, there was a cooker, grille and toaster listed. In reality it is as follows: a tiny electrical bench top "oven" and a sandwich toaster. This does not add up to the appliances listed!!
2-A freezer is listed. there is a freezer in the fridge and not a separate one.
3-Satelite TV. Could not get any channels working.
4-Mountain view!! There is a hill behind the apartment that couldn't be more than 100m high!
5-The "table" was tiny. A flimsy metal unit of about 450mm diameter.
6-The bed was SO hard! it was reported before (April 2014) and nothing has been done.
7-The basin in the bathroom is tiny an almost useless.
8-No hot water in the kitchen.
9-The apartment is located in a bad neighbourhood.
10-It is too small for 2 people.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
SusieNDif...
“Most wonderful stay!!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Odette is such a warm and easygoing host. I loved the apt. So cute and cozy. I stayed for a week, vacation and visiting my boyfriend. The view from my window was refreshing. The day I arrieved Odette did a walk through with me and even had the fridge ready with essentials and ham and cheese for sandwiches! She made sure I had a map and pointed out the popular areas. The wifi is great! The location is most convenient from all the hot spots and SDU. The place is calm and the shower is perfect after a hot day. The only thing i would change was the bed. It was hard ha-ha. But nothing extra cushioning can't fix. I will definetly stay again! My go-to spot in Rio! ;)

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
18 Apr 2014
Hello, Susan,
It was great to have you here with us. Thank you for your words in the comment and also for having taken good care of my studio. You will always be welcome and have already provided an extra cushioning. When we go back and find a softer bed. Good luck to you.
My best regards,
UK
Reviewed 20 December 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Management Response
20 Dec 2013
Thank you, Adam and Cheryl. We were very happy with your kind words. It was really nice to meet young people so educated and interested in learning about our great little world. I wish a lot of luck in your life. I hope to meet you again. Will always be welcome in our studio.
France
Reviewed 27 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing