See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Back after a year from my last visit, one could see some improvements around the hotel, though the restoration isn't yet finished. Most of the points in my previous evaluation are still valid, though.
There was a flop with their online booking system, so I got to get the suite for the price as a standard room! Even if not, get it anyway! Standard rooms are like I had described previously, simply horrible!
The suítes have the advantage of being by the router, so internet is excelente, although it always drops for a few minutes between 8-9 o'clock and 18-19 o'clock. No need to log in or register anymore, they took the complaints seriously and changed providers!
But there are infiltrations on the brand-new walls still, my throat itched funny during the whole stay, the glass door is the noisiest thing, and the marble tables are a hazard to anyone, especially children!
Location is excelente, breakfast is surprisingly good, parking is free, price is fair and low, there are many restaurants nearby, taxi fare to the airport is 80 reais fixed, staff is super friendly and helpful - all in all, it's simple and okay for a few days, I recommend it still!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the deluxe one, the gain is immense!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
6  Thank vitorbabrazil
Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

I left for work morning 04.02.2016 and I returned around 1900 hrs same day..I took a shower cleaned my face and wanted to apply my protective cream for my troubeled face skin..bought new 2 days back in Fortaleza..wherever I searched I did not find the same cream I used same day morning..The cost of this cream do not bather me, whats bather me and make me furious is that employee of this hotel just grab and steel from their guests..I live + 200 days at hotels per year..Best Western is not on my list anymore..

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank phjbr
Reviewed 3 December 2015

I foudn thsi hotel to be barely OK. The rooms are very simple, clean, but simple, no design touches, loud and old AC. The bathrooom also needs a facelift. The rooftop has an amazing view, and the pool is nice, too bad they don't have lounge chairs or recliners for sunbathing, just regular white plastic garden chairs. Breakfast was fine, I loved the tapioca made to order.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
1  Thank tomfor2
Reviewed 19 November 2015

My agent booked the place after the "selected" ones for my meeting were all booked up. So mentally, I was going to settle for less. I also did not have enough time to look up the reviews. What a pleasant surprise! At about 200 meters from the Tropical Tambau and the beach! I loved my room on the 5th floor and had a great view of the sea every morning .. with the sun rising over it. Great sleep quality too.

The room service is great. I could not finish a 10$ worth of cheese platter!

Room Tip: There is middle empty vault which is NOT good for folks like me who are not "space and height" friendly. Ask for the rooms near the lift.
Reviewed 16 November 2015

I highly recommend this hotel if you are in Joao Pessoa, Brazil. Everything you need is within walking distance (e.g., convenience stores, banks, bars and restaurants, two artisan markets, and last but not least, the beach). The staff members are also very friendly and helpful, and they made my stay that much more enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western