See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2016

One it was a nice view, but we didn't get the room that we paid for.
We paid for the King room, ended up getting the Oar room.
Because they said booking.com are double booking them.
We stayed 2 nights, and got charged for 3 nights.
The memory foam mattress had a big hole in it so that your back sinks down in it, so that your back really hurts in the morning!!!
I would not recommend this place to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martha P
Reviewed 15 August 2015

Best place on the water I've ever stayed. Unique, relaxed and beautiful.
The place makes you feel like you are really in a boat overseeing the ocean.
It's perfect for couples but also for families.
The lay out is perfect as the rooms all walk out onto a massive beautiful deck that extends across the house so you have 180 degree ocean views.
The hosts are just lovely people. You can't find a better place to get away. My favorite.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Malu M
Reviewed 13 October 2014 via mobile

Owners Oggie and Betty are super nice and sweet. They charged my friends $135 a night for the Captains room and gave me the Oar House at $50 and I could see why. My friends also had difficulty sleeping due to the bed quality and the cold from the thin walls as well.

Room quality: I got upgraded from the Lighthouse room to the Oar House which had two beds to choose from. It also had the main blind facing the outdoor seating area were missing..so my window didn't have any blinds. Even with the thermostat at 70, I found myself shivering in the middle of the night due to thin walls (I could here the cars zoom by from the back of the house in the room and the windows were single paned). The bathroom wasn't connected to the room, rather it was across the hall that required stepping outside into the cold, though still under a roof. There are no channels to watch, only DVDs which I counted there were 36 to choose from. There was no VCR to use but a bunch of videos to choose from. WiFi is not accessible in the Oar House so I was told to go to the room where breakfast would be served to get any internet, which was across the backyard into the other side of the house.

Food: it is all frozen food that you heat yourself. There were Schwann's omelets, pancakes, sausages, frozen Greek yogurt and eggo waffles. The cereals available were mini wheats, raisin bran, corn flakes and others. There is a keurig that only had coffee available.

Overall the view is beautiful and the decor is very nautical and unique with pictures of Oggie during his fisherman days also it is 5 min driving to the ferry.

But it isn't worth the $135 a night due to poor sleep quality from thin walls and frozen food. At $50 it is definitely worth it just for the view itself but the location isn't in walking distance of anything except for the ferry.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank spunkd
Reviewed 18 August 2014

What a unique, quirky, delightful place to rest and relax! . The décor is as exquisite as the seaside surroundings. The breath-taking views are enhanced by the colorful nautical theme of the inn, and the gracious and engaging host is as jolly a retired pirate as ever there was.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Upon arrival we were taken back by the view from the back of the property. You just can't get a better water view than this. We stayed in the Captains Cabin and as others described it was if we were in a boat. We ate dinner in the rocking chairs in our room as we looked out over the water. I was a little shocked to find out the bathroom is not in the room but it was right outside our door and was clean and well stocked. Breakfast is on your own time and you help yourself to the stocked kitchen. It was nice to not be on someone else's eating schedule. Owner was really nice and we enjoyed visiting with him as we checked out the next morning.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple