“Casual Business Lunch”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Contemporary
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: We are very excited to introduce our new Heaven & Hell theme to Bangkok Bistro. Our restaurant, which originated in Georgetown, Washington DC has a 15+ year history, and our goal has not changed since the beginning. We strive to provide excellent food, amazing service, and a fun dining experience. Join us as we begin the next chapter of our journey!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We started coming to this restaurant simply because it is one of the few restaurants open during the Ballston Mall renovation. Despite the fact that it took us two plus years to venture in the doors, we discovered a nice Thai restaurant. It’s not over the top nice (which is a good thing) and some of the quirks are actually entertaining. For example, they have outdoor patio swings as seating for two at some tables. (Huh?)

Bottom line, the food is great, it’s not overpriced, and the service is attentive and relatively quick.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Decent Thai spot in Ballston. They have a quick lunch menu, which makes going in for lunch easy (doesn't have a ton of selections) but the lunch is consistently good. Staff is friendly, and the space is newly renovated and very nice/clean.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

The place is nice and the waiters are polite. The food is good (not fantastic though). I ordered a salmon dish which comes in a bowl with side rice. The salmon was a little bit too spicy but it was fine.
The price was mid-range. For instance my food was around 18$.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

My son and I walked here from the Comfort Inn a half mile away. They have divided the restaurant into "heaven," which is attractively decorated with pleasant, blue/gray and white decor and wooden tables and very comfortable, and "hell" which is at least as attractive (!), with deep red decor, some inviting wall fireplaces, and nearer the bar. We were seated in "heaven," where we enjoyed excellent, attentive service. I ordered the green curry, which was quite spicy, given the 2 star rating, and very tasty. Patrons choose the protein: meat, fish, or tofu. I ordered tofu with veggies. Once I got accustomed to the spice level, I was fine with it and it had a great flavor, with lots of fresh basil. My son ordered the drunken noodles with sauteed tofu, with 3 stars' worth of spices; he was also very pleased. It was exactly the dinner we wanted, and we will happily return next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

We stopped here and found the Thai offerings to be worthwhile. My wife will not eat spicy hot and they did a reasonable job of eliminating the usual chili flavors for her, so this is in their favor. Foods we ordered (there were 4 of us) were all well done and very nicely presented. Good experience.

1  Thank RickMIusa

Travellers who viewed Bangkok Bistro at Ballston - Heaven & Hell Themed Restaurant also viewed

Been to Bangkok Bistro at Ballston - Heaven & Hell Themed Restaurant? Share your experiences!