1,423 results
All reviews front desk the executive lounge shuttle driver great customer service the entire staff breakfast buffet business center business trip wanda concierge downtown conference highway university
Reviewed 22 November 2016

I stayed in this hotel for a conference. Everyone on the staff was friendly and helpful. I was particularly impressed with Roy, the Concierge/Bellman. He helped me several times, looking after my bags, getting me a timely taxi to the airport, etc., and always did so with a smile and a friendly, helpful attitude. Crowne Plaza Austin, you have an excellent ambassador in Roy! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2016

We have stayed at this hotel a few times, more than 3 for sure, and will be staying there if we happen to visit Austin. For one, the place is clean, down to earth, comfortable, well situated, close to U.T.Austin and downtown Austin. Secondly, the front desk personnel and concierge are very, very helpful. Mr. Rory, concierge, Ms. Priscilla Cotton and Mr. Chris at the front desk very super helpful and deserve accolades and rewards from the management for outstanding service.They were very pleasant and helpful. Thanks to Ms. Priscilla Cotton for going out of the way to help us especially when she came to know we were out of state and our son had health issues. She gave us sound advice when we seeked her help. Thanks, Chris and Priscilla. You both were awesome. Rory, thanks for your help.
7th floor rooms are nicer. Rooms are bathrooms are clean.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2016

For years, I drove by this place branded a Red Lion Inn. I had always wondered what it was like in there, and what kind of service they gave. Before I could get there it had been re-branded Crown Plaza. There aren't many Crown Plazas anywhere in Texas, but the location on this one at the intersection of two major roads should yield a profitable property easily. The traffic through there is blazing, and getting out of the driveway can be challenging.

We checked in on a weekend where every inch of space in the city was sold completely out, and downtown ordinary rooms were going for three times normal prices. The only point of frustration was they were so full they refused to allow anyone early check in. I showed up half past check in and had to wait behind about four other guests, but there was no problem with it, and they had our room type available, but the requested pool side wasn't. It's too cold to swim anyway so I was happy to throw that request overboard.

The concierge on duty doubling as the bellman was SUPER accommodating. I didn't need anything, but he made sure of it. The owner/operator of the gift shop was also very kind, and her prices weren't ridiculous.

When I got into my room I found exactly what I expect from IHG brand hotels. They had a refrigerator but I never opened it, and I think there was a microwave, but I really don't care. The bathtub sparkled and the toilet was spotless, as well as the vanity. They didn't have one of those paper bands around the toilet seat that said 'SANITIZED FOR YOUR PROTECTION.' I've wondered for a lifetime what those things were supposed to prove, but I guess the dreaded toilet seat disease has been eliminated because no hotelier uses those any more.

My bedding and towels were in top condition, and the HVAC worked right but rattled a little loud. The television was a nice big screen thing, but since I don't watch TV at home, the most I noticed about it was that it was a TV with network channels. The most hilarious thing I saw was a sign in the parking lot that said "WARNING Birds Roost In Trees At Night." I guess it would be inappropriate to say "if you park under this tree you're going to be buried in bird potty in the morning." Austin has an abundance of Grackles all over the city that leave their mark in massive numbers.

The only thing about this inn that concerned me was those two big 15-passenger Ford death traps they are still using. It's guaranteed those things are not safe to drive over 40 MPH with a full load of passengers. In an avoidance maneuver it will start undulating and the driver cannot stop it. It will land head first into a ditch and crush the driver or front seat passengers every time. Consumer Reports has proven it, and Ford responded that they don't care. And, the roadways will not be safe until the last one is dead. GM doesn't have the problem, and Chrysler got out of the business, leaving only Ford in the market place with their death trap church bus. What would Jesus do? Well, I feel sure he wouldn't design a passenger van like THAT!

This is a convention hotel with big meeting rooms, a full restaurant, a night club, and a gift shop. It's pretty complete for a full service inn, and it's in good condition, everything is working, and the furniture and fixtures are not ratty. I paid around $150 for it, and I consider it worth the money. I can recommend them, and I'll likely stay there again because they offer Priority Club points.

Room Tip: I have stayed here but once so I don't have a clue.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2016

I've stayed several times at the Crowne Plaza for work and I've always had a great experience. One of the best parts of my stay is the 7th floor executive room where I go for breakfast each morning. Wanda greets me every day, asks me if I need anything and always provides fun conversation. She blesses me with a great start to my day! Thank you Wanda!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for the Adele concert and the staff there were amazing. The hotels shuttle driver Shaka Ellerbee was a life saver! I thought Austin had Uber but they didn't and Shaka offered to give us a ride to the event. Thank you Shaka!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends