1,422 results
All reviews front desk the executive lounge shuttle driver great customer service the entire staff breakfast buffet business center business trip wanda concierge downtown conference highway university
Reviewed 10 February 2016

Spent one night but wished it could've been longer. 24-hour fitness center (hotel guide said 6a-11p), reasonable restaurant prices, drug store open to 9p, pool and hot tub (open 8a-11p) comfortable bed, great steamy shower, aromatherapy sleep aids on the bed, super quiet (I never heard any traffic, but I did of course hear one siren) . . . I could go on and on. Penny at the front desk made me feel loved and welcome as soon as I entered, and the good times never stopped--except when I had to leave. My only complaint would be the bathroom door almost hits the toilet, so the door's better closed when one is "using the facilities." And not that it's a complaint, but the fitness room scales will sure please you. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2016

As an IHG Spire member you become accustomed to certain benefits that are offered to you for living out of a suitcase and choosing to stay at IHG properties. However occasionally you come across a property who represents the parent company horribly,
Crowne Plaza Austin is one of those properties! After a two nights stay and over $1,000 dollars spent on the stay, meals, and drinks I requested a late checkout only to be told that the latest checkout I could be offered was 12:30???? The reason for this is because they have more groups and people checking in??? Really 30 mins more is all you can offer a guest who is a Spire member? All other IHG hotels have offered up to a two hour late checkout. The morning staff of three at the front desk however, were pretty dead set on not making any exception no matter who you are. The IHG lounge was terribly small with no place to sit, we tried twice to go in and grab a drink but they didn't even have the beer that we asked for which was Michelob Ultra. Nothing out of the ordinary, but still to much for the hotel to offer. We also attended a poorly unorganized, understaffed Super Bowl party. One waitress and one bartender for about 50 guests which accounted to poor slow service! At one point I was given a hot beer and took it back to the bartender only to be told all our beer is kept in the same fridge?? I in turn asked her if all beer is put in at the same time? The bartender was very rude and slammed the beer on the bar and never even offered an apology when a cold beer was served. What matters most? That the beer is all in the same fridge or when it was placed in the fridge?? Obviously everyone who's employed at this hotel seems to act as if they are smarter or better then any hotel guests. The overall property isn't bad but it could use a complete overhaul on staff. I will not be returning to this property, the Holiday Inn across the street knows how to treat guests!!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry we failed in our efforts on this occasion. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I have spoken with the Food & Beverage Director regarding your comments. I can assure you action will be taken to ensure our high standards are being met consistently. I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you this is not typical of our hotel. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty or have a Desk Agent contact me personally. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Had to stay at this hotel because Anthony Travel booked it for our entire team at a soccer tournament. $140/night. They have remodeled the carpet and furnishings but it still smells like a 70's hotel. Our beds were a little larger than a twin and were hard! The bathroom door almost hits the toilet when you open it, very small. Their breakfast buffet was very good though, with a lot of protein choices. I would not stay here if I were booking a room on my own. The girls would rather stay at the DoubleTree where they serve hot cookies 24/7 :-)

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay. We are sorry that our services were not what you expected. We take great pride in meeting all our guests expectations and we hope that you will consider us for your next visit to Austin so we can better meet your expectations.

Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

Went to Austin for TAAE conference and stayed on the 7th floor, Ms. Wanda was amazing. She was singing with another table and happy. She was so personable and did a great job! Hotel was nice and clean. Front desk was very kind and happily faxed something for me. Great experience.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Thank for your kind words about our hotel and about Wanda. She is indeed a most valuable member of my staff. I'm always pleased to share guest comments with her. We hope you will come back and visit us again, soon!

Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

The people made this stay for me. I was not a fan of the decor and had to switch rooms because a smoke odor (yes there are still hotels with smoking rooms available). But the front desk staff including Doug, Cynthia and Priscilla were accommodating and helpful. I am not sure if I would stay there again but because of the associates who work there I would certainly consider it.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay. We are sorry that our services were not fully what you expected. We take great pride in meeting our guests expectations and we hope that you will consider us for your next visit to Austin so we can better meet yours.