3,211 results
All reviews rooftop pool select guest office building club level nice hotel room service sixth street walking distance state capitol lobby bar self parking business trip convention center live music downtown concierge noise
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Do not do it! The hotel staff and rooms are awful! We had cockroaches in our room and the rooms smelled so bad! Front desk staff Roi and Steven were disrespectful and dishonest. I would not spend a dime at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

We do thank you for your constructive comments and extend our apologies for the lapses in service you highlighted in your review. Again, we are very sorry that your stay fell short of your expectations but do appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

I found this hotel to be really cool, the parking wasn't an issue at all which is always a big plus for me, valet was available too. My room was clean and comfortable, I hate bugs so I found a small roach in the bathroom but I didn't really care. The hotel itself is really classy and spacious with excellent views of downtown Austin. There are shops and restaurants all around us so not hungry for long and 2 streets over from party city 6th street. I don't get inside pools but I visited the roof top pool which was spectacular. I recommend a stay, cool hotel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

We appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Austin. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

We were here for a conference that we regularly attend. The hotel is starting to show its age, but more noticeable was the inconsistency in customer service. As Omni members, we were treated very rudely by the arrogant young man who checked us in. Although we chose to valet park and to have help with our bags, we ended up unloaded most of our own bags to the cart. Although the valet service was prompt on retrieving our vehicle during the stay, the staff appeared over-worked and were only marginally friendly. So we got off on a rocky start with checking in--little or no customer service. The concierge welcomed us warmly after he observed our poor check-in experience. Our bellman was nice and I hate that I did not get his name because he should be commended. Our room was clean and well appointed. However, the room temperature varied greatly and it never stayed cool enough even when the thermostat was adjusted. We enjoyed our morning coffee which always came on time with a mini muffin. Our bar experiences were good, but service in the restaurant was slow and items were not as described when they came out. It seemed as if the hotel may have underestimated the impact of the conference and were either understaffed or unprepared. The catering for the conference was above average. One older man (again, I did not get his name) was present at each event from breakfast to lunch to evening reception. He was exceptional. At check-out, we had great front desk service, but the valet was a problem again. They were rushed and we ended up again handling most of our luggage. It was a mixed-up experience of both really good and really bad service. For a conference, this property is pretty standard. I would probably not chose it again for a purely personal stay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

We're truly sorry that your experience did not represent our customary level of service. Please accept our apologies for these lapses. We do thank you for sharing your valuable feedback so that we may address these areas where we are lacking in service. Your observations are very valuable to us. We hope you will decide to return in the future to notice the improvements we have made as a result of your comments.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Of the many options you will have to stay in Austin, TX it was a very pleasing experience at Omni Hotels. The check-in and check-out process was a breeze and while the check-in time is 3 PM, I was allowed to check-in at 10 AM in the morning without any issues. They also upgraded a couple of folks in our entourage an upgrade which offered free breakfast and cocktails in the evening. The rooms were nice and clean and the lobby is beautiful. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is visiting Austin on business.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2016

We couldn't have had a better stay. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 3:00 PM, but staff gave our three boys milk and cookies. It was a nice gesture. Valet was extremely quick and it was nice being able to text instead of call for the car. Room service was the quickest of any hotel than I can remember. When concierge saw that we were looking to bring our kids to the pool, he politely noted that they could provide other recommendations if we didn't enjoy our experience. It was a nice way to help as your pool is more of an adult pool. Everyone said hello. And that's a big deal. Not many people just say a simple hello anymore. We really enjoyed our experience and will look to stay in Omni hotels again wherever we travel, if only because of what everyone did in Austin. Thank you for making our first hotel vacation trip with our kids a huge success.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
GenMgrAustin, General Manager at Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

We're so very pleased that your stay was a memorable experience and our team provided noteworthy customer service. Thank you for sharing the highlights of your visit with us and other travelers. We hope you have the opportunity to return in the near future.