2,599 results
All reviewslady bird lakea river view roomtown lakethe congressstreet bridgebats flybarton springsnice hotelself parkingbreakfast buffetbusiness conferencelobby barper dayclose to downtownoutdoor poolsixth streetenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Well, actually there was a surprise, and it was a pleasant one. Prior to arrival, I received an email asking if I had any preferences. I did, and when I checked in I got my requests. Good customer service.
The room was a decent size, clean, my only issue would be lack of drawer space.
Would I stay there again? Yes.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I really enjoyed the location of this hotel. We didn't have a car and we were able to get around by foot to just about anywhere in Austin. We did downtown and the State Capitol building, we went to Lance Armstrong's bike shop and walked to the South Congress area as well. Convenience wise, it's great! If you can, I would recommend getting a river view room so you can see the bats without standing with hundreds of people on the bridge! Staff is good and the hotel decor is average. The pool is next to a parking lot which is a bummer but otherwise than that, it's a good stay!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Gorgeous view of the river, wonderful room and food, and the people who were in from California got yo see the bats which was a big hit as they’d never seen anything like that before!!!
I stayed at this hotel 35 years ago on my honeymoon and it’s time to take my wife back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This property is always well maintained and clean. I am loyal to this brand because it never disappoints. Staff is courteous, river-view rooms are a must, and gym is great for all the fitness enthusiasts. I highly recommend staying at the Hyatt for any travel to and from Austin.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The Hyatt Regency has been a fixture in Austin for a long time. Don't get me wrong, there are probably "nicer" hotels in Austin, but that said whenever we go to Austin for pleasure, we seem to end up at the Hyatt. The views across Lady Bird Lake are well worth the extra cost and then the added benefit is the views of the beautiful downtown. It's not the Hyatt of old either. The whole hotel has been nicely redone.

Lastly, if you find yourself with time to kill, venture down to Capital Cruises behind the hotel. Rent one of their electric boats and cruise the river. It's a great way to spend an afternoon.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room on one of the upper floors
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple