“Fabulous brunch venue”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Austin
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Came here for brunch with a group celebrating a college graduation - the Salad Nicoise was fabulous and I would definitely order it again! Very typical Austin vibe - large tables are shared when needed, service is attentive, but not pushy. Casual attire works great here. TIP: be ready to spend a little time finding a place to park.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

If you need to stop and grab a coffee then this is a good place. I enjoyed a lovely strong cup of coffee and the waitress, although not very knowledgeable was friendly. The decor is pleasant and the prices are fair.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

We were able to walk here from our hotel and it was an absolute pleasure. Far removed from the fried and fattening foods, the healthy environment was a complete treat.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Having dined at Blue Dahlia several times over the years, including our wedding luncheon, we made a return visit last evening. One plus (in my eyes at least) is that breakfast can be ordered at any time of day. However, this time the recital of specials lured one of our party, while I stayed with the regular menu. The meatloaf, while extremely tasty, was WAY too much food—unusually for me, I couldn’t finish it. When I commented to my waiter “that’s a LOT of food”, he said that it was ONE POUND of meat! My wife enjoyed her salad (which was huge). Tasty bread of two types accompanied all meals. There is both indoor and outdoor seating. Service is competent and there is parking on the street in the area. Homemade soups and Gluten Free options abound, in addition to various taster plates such as cheese, etc. If you are looking for European Bistro type dining, you’ve found it here.

1  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

This place was a gem. I sat on their back patio which was unique with it's dirt floors, fountain and ceiling of vines. The mimosas was surprisingly large and only $4. I had the smoked salmon open faced sandwich it was delicious. It came on a cute stone platter which was also a nice touch.