Book In Advance

Ways to Experience The Escape Game Austin
3,016 results
All reviews prison break gold rush game guide seconds to spare heist room great game team building problem solving great fun a lot of fun group of friends fun experience an absolute blast whole family clues classified wilson
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Staff is very friendly & helpful throughout the game, the rooms were well designed & had plenty of challenging puzzles & activities. My friends and I had a great time, i’ll definitely be coming back! Recommend parking at the Austin Convention Center or across the street in the hotel garage

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank April B
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I've done all 5 rooms, the rooms are amazing, moderators are excellent (we had Connor recently - love him).

1  Thank meganfox1
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We've done almost all the rooms at The Escape Game, with a 50% success rate if I recall correctly. They're challenging and fun, with choke points being fairly rare (in other words, usually everyone has something to do or explore or think about as opposed to everyone being stuck on one problem). There is an occasional trouble spot, but only in one of their rooms did I feel they had missed the mark by creating a bottleneck with a physical puzzle that only one or two people could operate while everyone else sat on their hands. There's a pretty heavy reliance on locks but there are plenty of more clever puzzles as well.

Like most other such escape venues the puzzles require the use of hints to escape in time (unless you've researched ahead of time or are a team dedicated to solving puzzles like this). Hints are great for getting past niggly bits that you've figured out but just aren't quite working right (that's happened to us once or twice at The Escape Game and many times at other venues). They're also good for getting past points where the designer had something in mind that turns out to be pretty obscure to most people. However, I wish venues would understand that having to take a hint often feels like failure, and that setting the bar so that most people have to use hints is a mistake, at least for consumers like me. I also wish venues would offer a no hints option with more time (and higher cost, which I would gladly pay).

2  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

This pace is great if you’re planning on spending time with friends in Austin. Or even if you’re a native Austinite! It’s a memorable experience. The staff is super friendly. We’ve had Bridget as our game host twice, she is amazing!! Definitely this place out.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank Carolina N
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I've played many, but this is by far my favorite place to go for an escape game. The skill and thought that was put into these games is phenomenal, and the staff is consistently friendly, full of spirit, and genuinely seem to enjoy what they do. Thank you everyone at The Escape Game Austin for making each experience great, and I'll be back to keep trying all of them!!

1  Thank redhearts87