All reviews rainey street free margaritas happy hour live music pool deck social hour soaking tub hip hotel fun hotel cool vibe lake view bars and restaurants food truck lady bird lake great pool convention center mini bar
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in Austin for business during August. It happened to be my girlfriend and I"s anniversary. So we stayed in Austin an extra night and booked a room at the Van Zandt. The room was great, the view was amazing… the first night was so enjoyable that we ended up booking another night... Victoria at the front desk went the extra mile to make our trip A memorable one. We will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Joe P, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Benjamin M;

Thanks for staying with us for your anniversary. Great to hear Victoria was as stand out during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I stayed here recently on a business trip and was impressed. The first impression was improved when I was offered water or beer (!) at the reception desk. The rooms were spacious, modern and quiet - an excellent combination. Despite the proximity to lively Rainey Street (around the corner) I didn't hear much street noise at all. Being able to walk to the restaurants, bars and live music on Rainey St. is a huge plus and was definitely a highlight of the stay.

Room Tip: Away from elevator and facing the lake vs. Rainey street.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Bbklaf;

Thanks for staying. Glad to hear your business trip was a success. HVZ is perfectly situated in the city for business and a bit of fun. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Austin.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Hotel Van Zandt is a great property for those traveling to Austin. Walking distance to most amenities. Great staff. Fun pool. I highly recommend Hotel Van Zandt for anyone visiting the Austin area!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

U6017XPrickh;

Thanks for the recommendation.
We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

A group of 13 of us stayed in the hotel for 3 nights/ 4 days. We all absolutely loved it.

Reception were extremely helpful with advice or anything that we needed. They were also very patient and understanding. Not once did they get angry with 13 English guys having fun at the hotel.

The pool is brilliant with good music, cocktails and food served throughout the day.
The rooms are clean with large bathrooms and walk-in showers.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Edward V;

Thanks for the great review.
Glad you and your buds had an awesome time.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

My girlfriend and I frequent Austin often, traveling back and forth hear from time to time about one to two times a weekend from Fort Worth, as much as I loved my stay here the one and only issue I had here was not being made aware of the 40$ per night charge for parking overnight at the hotel, had i been made aware of this i would of had no issues. In the future I won't be staying here again just due to not being made aware of the parking fee, Im not upset over being charged it's just not being told about it. Other than that, my stay here was awesome.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jeremyk375;

Thank you for your review. My apologies you were not made aware ahead of time in regards to the parking charge. We will review where we have it posted and ensure it is more visible. I do hope you join us again so you can see first hand the actions taken to your concern.