“Giiiiiiiiiiirl yeeeeeeees!!!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Neighbourhood: East Austin
Neighbourhood: East Austin
Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Okay, everybody has to try this place. The owners are sooo friendly, it's like eating at Auntie Lola's house. She said she don't cook with her hands she cooks with her heart and you can definitely taste it. We will definitely be coming back and supporting them. Awesome place!!

Reviewed 17 July 2016

I used to go to Louisiana often, and would eat Cajun food while I was there. I missed it after moving to Austin. I don't have to miss if anymore. If you love Cajun food, this is your place.

Reviewed 7 October 2015

It is in a safe neighborhood, not the nicest, but it is safe. It is a small place. The owners' story is amazing and her heart is huge. She serves meals to raise money to feed those in need. What a great place to support.

It isn't fast or big with colorful decor, but you get a few tables and she makes it feel like you are a guest in her home. If you want to be left alone, no problem, either.

I am not a Cajun food fan. In fact, I can't stand it, but a friend insisted we visit. I explained my dislike for spciy food and she described a couple of different options. I settled for the hamburger and it was fantastic - one of the best I've had at a restaurant.

The Cajun tea was out of this world - not spicy, just sweet and delicious. If we make it back to Austin, this will be one of our lunch stops.

Reviewed 13 September 2015

Remember this is a restaurant with a purpose. It is to support the mission of feeding the hungry. The place doesn't have the room or budget, I am assuming for a huge staff, so for those upset about seeing a note on the door, need to get over it. If you want a fast food experience or an Applebees with 24/7 service, move on.

We weren't sure about this place, especially since I cannot stand cajun food. I am so very happy we went. And if we ever return to Austin, we will be back. Probably the best hamburger and tea I have ever had. Seriously, her tea alone is worth a return trip.

The food was delicious, made from scratch-seriously delicious. Phenomenal in fact. The company was delightful, too.

We were greeted by friendly folks. the whole time was comfortable and delicious. it is a pretty small place - I think maybe 15 seats give or take, but you owe it to yourself to check this place out.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

I visited this restaurant and at first the area does not look to welcoming and it is small inside..but the service and food was phenomenal! Ms. Lola was so nice and genuine!felt very at home while eating there and love the fact proceeds of your bill go to feed the local homeless!