“Great place to take visitors”
Review of Taverna

Taverna
Ranked #203 of 4,028 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Taverna is one of my favorite restaurants in downtown Austin. You can always find parking in the nearby garages, there's usually little to no wait time to be seated, and their patio seating facing 2nd street makes for some great people watching. This is a great place to take friends or family who are visiting the city. It's a little pricey by my count (semi-broke millennial here), but their dishes are so tasty it's worth it.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Inside and out seating. Out a bit more informal
Pizza to Italian pasta/meat dishes
Service fine. Reasonable wine list
Ample servings
Recommend

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Very good Italian restaurant. Food, service and wine selection was excellent. I will return. Also, downtown Austin is a great place to hang out.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Walked over two separate times in the same week. The first time we had a vegetarian pizza (it had pine nuts and never had them before). It was tasty, the crust was nice and flavorful, light and crisp! Unfortunately, seems that pine nuts do not react well with me. Went a few days later and had the gnocchi-dude! Dude?!? Oh, em, geees! So delicious, hearty and filling, the sauce was meaty and very reminiscent of papas con carne. Lol (at least that was the flavor I can best compare it with.) I peaked over at the next table- the desserts looked yummy. Try it for yourself!

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner her a few nights ago and absolutely loved it. Our waiter was Marques (Marcus?) and he was the best. He gave us an excellent wine recommendation, too. We ordered a salad and the shrimp scampi and really enjoyed both dishes. The greens in the salad were fresh and the pasta was homemade, and the shrimp were cooked perfectly. Would highly recommend this place.