All reviewsbuffet breakfast iscongress bridgelady bird lakechecking outnice stayfront deskkeurigbatsmicrowavegymdowntown
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I recently stayed for one week in this hotel. Many negative issues. We were reduced to one elevator for 80% of our time there. For 1-2 days BOTH elevators were out leaving us with a very dirty service elevator (disgusting). You would think they would have at least cleaned it, especially when it was so far away from the lobby. I did resort to taking the stairs from the the 7th floor but it opens up in back of the building near the very stinky garbage area and then you had to walk all the way around the building to get back into lobby. Breakfast buffet expensive and the eggs were terrible-afraid to eat them. Lunch however is very good-especially the sliders. Pool small and very little shaded areas while you baked in the sun. Only 2 washer sand 2 dryers. Exercise area and equipment decent and had windows looking out. I would give this hotel a one star except that the staff was very professional and helpful. Brandon drove the shuttle-polite and knowledgeable. The bar/restaurant staff were great, had lunch there almost every day. Front desk staff always polite and professional. Coffee in lobby sub par-the Keurig in bedrooms much better.
Rooms very clean and cleaning staff helpful. Air conditioning went out in one building so my friends had to move over and then back again. Overall, inconvenienced on so many levels.

Room Tip: Make sure elevators and AC working.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank kriskossmann
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for relaying your experiences during your stay.

We have addressed our elevator issues and regret the inconvenience. I've also shared this with the rest of our team as well.

We do also appreciate the compliments to our staff and hope you will give us another look the next time you travel to Austin.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Rachel at the front desk rocks. She gave us great recommendations for places to eat and see. Very friendly staff. We had a beautiful view of the water. Fun to watch the paddle boarders and kayakers. I recommend this hotel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaspernelson
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for the five star review.

Rachael provides the kind of warm hospitality that we strive to offer all of out guests. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you get the chance to visit us again the next time a birthday rolls around.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

This is a typical Holiday Inn as far as comfort and cleanliness. However the building is one of those old and ugly round buildings from the 60's or 70's given you oddly shaped rooms and cramped bathrooms. The biggest issue, and I've been forced to stay here many times by my employer is the noise from the interstate. Yes they have two panes of glass on the windows, but it's still not enough. I cannot sleep here on the interstate side of the hotel even with ear plugs in.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the interstate side of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Thanks for taking the time to relay your comments.

Since noise is a concern, it's best to request a room away from any noise that might disturb sleep as soon as you determine the dates of your next visit. Call the hotel directly, we honor as many requests as possible.

Also, you may consider joining IHG Reward if you are not already a member. We try to upgrade these member where possible.

We hope to host you again the next time Austin is in your travel plans.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

I was hesitant to book this property, especially reading some other reviews. However, my hand was sort of forced because there weren't many others available. I was not sorry- the rooms were modern and updated (nicer than most hotels, hence my 4 rating). The lobby was also modern with tiling throughout and an updated look. The tower I was in only had 1 operable elevator which slowed things down, and the staff weren't very hospitable. But, I was truly just looking for a central hotel that would allow me to explore Austin...and this hotel fit that bill. I only explored the lobby and pool area- pool area is very nice for a HI!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thanks for the great review and the compliments to our staff.

We're glad you had a pleasant stay and hope you get to come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Lake view from the room was spectacular. Remodeled room. Fast WiFi. Good food at the restaurant. Friendly staff. Did not try the pool - seems smallish from my room window.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thanks for the 5 Star review.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you get a chance to come back and visit us again soon.