“Wish they had one everywhere”

Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q
Ranked #13 of 152 Quick Bites in Austin
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Northwest Austin
Description: Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q serves Real Texas Bar-B-Q seven days a week. They offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and group meals.
Reviewed 14 November 2018 via mobile

1. They are so efficient in the way they serve you
2. They let you try samples before ordering
3. We had BBQ meat in under 5 min. It was too good to be true
4. Their brisket was so softtt.
5. There sweet corn was divine....
6. When it's your first time there they sing a little chant for you.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,828)

Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

I have to go to Rudy’s every time that I come back to Austin and every time I go, the food is great and the service is fantastic. What a great place to try everything on the menu. You will not be let down.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Unique place with quality food and good prices. They made me try meat. It was cool and clean. The atmosphere is cool and a lot of people there regularly.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

When I first arrived in Austin, I pulled into the Rudy's BBQ joint on Research Blvd (183)....and promptly pulled out when I saw the gas pumps in front of the store...what kind of BBQ joint sells gasoline? Well, when going to lunch with my co-workers, it didn't take too long and we were eating at Rudy's on a regular basis.

The BBQ is consistent. Their 1/2 Chicken is my favorite, always moist and full of smoky flavor. Spicy Links and Brisket are also dependably and consistently good. The BBQ table sauce is a little spicy (lots of pepper) and so I have learned that less is more in that area.

They also have great breakfast tacos!

So I'm rating the value a 3 - $18/pound for brisket is a little pricey to me!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Some of the best Brisket I had in Texas and that Corn is sooooo good! The counter service is great and they know how to treat customers. we always go to Rudy's and we have not been disappointed yet!!

Date of visit: October 2018