“Came back to check consistency - maybe even better”
Review of Vespaio

Vespaio
Ranked #54 of 4,243 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2018

I visited Vespaio about a year ago and since I was in Austin this week, I decided to come back to see if it was still as good. To my surprise (not), Vespaio is still as good and maybe even better than before. The food was excellent (I had the cacio e pepe of course) as was the wine and service. Congratulations.
The only thing I would recommend to the manager - invite in the young lady that was playing the violin outside on Monday and let her earn some tips, while giving your patrons some very nice music.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 18 September 2018

I have always loved Vespaio. It has been an easy go-to with Italian comfort food and new and exciting things to try. I also enjoy their wine selection. I had not visited the restaurant in a while, and I went on a date there the other night. The usual comforts were on the main menu, but we decided to additionally share an option from a separate menu. I saw so many things I wanted to eat, paired with things I either could not or do not typically eat. I was a little disappointed at first, but then I decided to get a recommendation from the wait staff and take the leap and try something different. We went for a seafood mixed grill along with the butternut squash half moon pasta. We also finished off the meal with a chocolate torte with caramel, and I honestly don't recall the other details, but the flavors came together beautifully. Vespaio has impressed me for several years, and I was happy to go back and surprise my palate with things I did not fathom I would enjoy. That was a memorable meal and night, and the service was excellent too!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Being from the Northeast and experiencing the best of all worlds I can tell you this is not true Italian food. Even the most basic Italian dishes for very short. For some reason the restaurant smells like smoke constantly. Parking is a nightmare in my opinion it’s not worth the high prices or the hassle. I’ve been here at least five times over the last three years and nothing has changed.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

What to say? Just go... it's fabulous Italian food. The only difficult part is choosing what to eat. Excellent wine list and excellent service. We always love a date at Vespaio.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Location is gr8 , service was 100%, the food was delicious we had buratta yummmy, pizza thin from the wood oven crust and pasta , I will go again

Date of visit: August 2018