“Small & pretentious”
Review of Backspace

Backspace
Reserve with OpenTable
Backspace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 4,248 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
Reviewed 7 November 2018

I get it...tables are limited within the space, but handing you a card with the time you need to leave is off putting. It was an early lunch and not busy at all. I asked if there were reservations coming and they didn't have any.
The pizza was fine, but for the price and experience I would go elsewhere.

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I just stumbled upon this place when we left our hotel and decided to stop. So glad we didn’t pass it up! Service was great. The food was excellent. We got meatballs for an appetizer and the brisket pizza. Nothing disappointed. We’ll be back!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 6 October 2018

The only time our waitress smiled was when we gave her a tip. Shame we bothered tipping as we later realised that she didn't get the order right, and when one of the takeaway pizzas was ready, we then had to wait for another one to be cooked while the first was getting cold. Shame as the crust was nice and the flavours were really good, but would have been much better had the first one been warm by the time we ate it. Prices were quite expensive.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

I visited this little bistro this last weekend and it was a delight. My reservation was messed up and I ended up sitting at the bar instead of a table. The owner/manager (?) gave me a free dessert as compensation. The customer service was really good! I had the roasted mushroom and cheese pizza with a really nice glass of wine. I ate more of the pizza than I should, it was so yummy, and then had dessert. I had the strawberry and lemon budino and it was fantastic! On my way out the owner/manager (?) was very gracious and asked me how my food was and I told him it was wonderful. Make a reservation if you want to go. It is a pretty popular place and seating was really limited by the time I left. It is worth a visit for sure!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018

I was on a work-related trip to Austin with a group of around 6 people. They accommodated us around 6:00ish even though we didn't have reservations and from the outside looking in, we wondered if we would all be able to sit together.

The food was delicious. I had a brisket pizza because it sounded very unique and because, Texas. It was too large for me byself although I thought I'd be able to handle it.

Good wine selection and apps for happy hour, too. That's prob why I couldn't finish the pizza.

Date of visit: August 2018