4 people are viewing this hotel
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$198
Hotels.comUS$199
Agoda.comUS$198
All reviews rooftop bar record player ac hotel marriott property west campus valet service burger bar front desk stayed one night i highly recommend this hotel top floor excellent stay location is great beautiful hotel next morning business trip vinyl
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

Magali provided excellent valet service...very kind and supportive!!! We had sn excellent stay, the very best part of it was the valet service. We really enjoyed our stay, much better than the ice snd snow

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2021

This is a really nice property. Cool vibe very friendly staff. You can check out vinal records to play in your room and they have a great selection to try. The rooms were nice and the beds were very comfortable. We would stay here again for sure. The gym is also nice and modern.

Date of stay: February 2021
Reviewed 7 May 2020

Have stayed at many Marriott but the Otis is most definitely, to date, one of my favorite. I was there about 3 days prior to their opening and stayed 4 nights. There was some tweaking to do at the time (issues with Internet, cable TV) but staff and management were very prompt in assisting and most importantly detailed on why it happened. From c/i to c/o is was excellent. From beginning to end every associate was welcoming and friendly. The accommodations great. I had never expected to be able to relax and enjoy a good vinyl. In addition, I took advantage and switch records a few times. The roof top was a unbelievable with the most amazing sunsets. Truly the ideal way to end a day with a drink and beautiful surrounds. Most unique type of room, as you enter through a passage with a counter and sink on one side sliding door with toilette and shower. Unique but very tasteful. I truly recommend this hotel and of course would return!. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank Fbord
Reviewed 29 April 2020 via mobile

We booked the oldest hotel based on evaluation and research that I did a new upcoming boutique hotels in Austin. We were coming in for our sons acceptance into the honor Society after having a fantastic semester at University of Texas. From the moment we pulled up we were greeted by the most wonderful gentleman at the Valet to assist us with our car and our luggage and from that point on, the experience we had at the Otis never stopped! The room decor was fabulous, the ability to sit back and listen to some classic vinyl on a wonderful LP player is truly amazing!
We did spend a great deal of time down at the bar downstairs and the bartender Nick Rober was absolutely amazing! He took phenomenal care of my wife as well as me! By far the best “Old Fashion” that I have ever had! We spent a wonderful weekend, in fact we actually stayed an extra day just to celebrate with our son and because we have such a wonderful experience at the Otis hotel. Note worthy is the very helpful and enthusiastic staff! The time we spent downstairs enjoying and celebrating at the bar, Nick was absolutely fabulous! He warmed my wife’s heart with his courteousness, charisma, and especially his professionalism! We visited the other bars; however, we felt much more comfortable with the service and care from Nick at the bar downstairs! We will can’t wait to come back and visit the Otis Hotel and UT Austin!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2020

Right before the Covid-19 pandemic started to really set in, we headed to Austin for a quick weekend and decided to try out this new Marriott property in the heart of West U next to the University of Texas campus. SXSW had just been cancelled, and Austin felt weirdly deserted. When we arrived to the hotel, the staff seemed shocked to see us--the hotel felt almost empty due to the fears brought on by the pandemic. We loved the vibe--the expansive lobby contains a bar (sensational cocktails), a restaurant with an open kitchen, and a vinyl "bar" with its own "ambassador" to help curate music for a guest's stay (each room contains a turntable). We were disappointed with our room, however. The actual room was fine with touches of Austin in the decor, a large walk in shower with 2 different shower heads, and an excellent selection of coffees and toiletries. But I had booked a "City View Room," and we were given what was clearly the least impressive view that the hotel offers--to the west, over the parking garage. It was the complete opposite view from the city, or even the University. We didn't have time to complain about it because we had to leave immediately for a dinner reservation, but it was particularly disappointing because the hotel was empty, and I have been Platinum Elite with Marriott (and formerly Starwood) for over 10 years. We weren't expecting a suite upgrade (we haven't received one of those since prior to the Starwood-Marriott merger), but it made no sense to put us off onto the least attractive side of the building. Anyways, we were able to experience the best views of the hotel on the gorgeous rooftop poolside terrace, which includes another superb bar. On both Friday and Saturday night, we had it mostly to ourselves, but I'm sure that when the Covid-19 stay-at-home bans are lifted, this roof is going to rock. Part of the hotel at the corner of Guadalupe and MLK is a branch of Austin's Burger Bar, a walk-up spot where you can have a wagyu burger, gourmet fries, and a local IPA while watching the campus street life unfold around you. Having lived in West U when I was a UT student in the 80's, I love the location. We were able to walk to 6th Street in 15 minutes, but it was nice to be away from it, too. The Texas Union, shops and cafes of West U, and the State Capitol are just a few blocks away. We'd definitely look to stay here again on our many journeys to Austin, but I hope the Otis and other Marriott properties start grasping why Starwood Elite members were so dedicated to SPG.

Room tip: If you want a view, make sure you don't get a room facing the west
Date of stay: March 2020