“Super casual restaurant and bar”

Jack Allen's Kitchen
Ranked #39 of 4,241 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a large and casual place to have a quality meal with great and fun service for a reasonable price. The drink choices are also spectacular.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My first time visit was a little disappointed....local produce but almost no vegetables. This time I am more pleased about my visit. I had the trout and it came with a little more vegetables. Flavors were great and the size of the portion just perfect.

The restaurant was very noisy and it was hard to hear the waiter ramble the entire list of specials and what else. And, it was hard to hear my fellow guests. It is the open building and the larger groups that causes this. So be aware or ask for seating elsewhere, if it helps.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I loved coming here with my wife when visiting Austin. During our last visit in October 2018 we thought a stupid bomb hit it. My food was okay ,not great, but then again we are eating in Texas and not in the Mediterranean. I still have visions of my wife's hamburger and I want to puke. It was gnarly looking. The beef patty was more like a uncooked lard patty. Forget the food. Lets talk about the manager. No class!! I would expect the manager at a restaurant to walk over nicely dressed and clean and ask the dining guest what was the problem and what can we do to make you happy. This finely manicured manager came over with his shirt untucked and kneeled down on his knees and started going off not in a rude manner just stupid. Where has the class gone. The review is, if you like raw lard hamburgers and managers that just came off a sports field go here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Love the Sunday Brunch. Always something new, and many favorites. Stacked enchiladas, Granny's Sunday Chicken, and the tomato basil pie is awesome.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Loved it, the food is spicey and flavourful and the dishes absolutely something special and new. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend. Try the Chicken Fried Beef rib for something new.