“Only if odd hours”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: East Austin
Description: Las Cazuelas offers variety of speciales during the week starting from our $1.00 Tacos to our $5.95 Dinner plates. Famouse for our green salsa,tacos al pastor,SUPER TACO !
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Our food was still cold when it was served. The salsa bar is a nice touch but it smelled a bit like cigarette smoke. There are other good options for tacos in the immediate area. The redeeming factor here is that it is open 24/7.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

In a convenient location in East Austin Cesar Chavez area, my order, mariscos fajitas, was a good portion for 1 and enough to share too. The plate is served on an iron skillet, the right way to do so. A mango margariita was just good, low in tequila and no lime flavor- but the decorative wedge was on it. Our server was very nice and she mentioned she was new. Well, poor thing, the bills are pretty spicy for a somewhat run-down corner restaurant.The patio area was unkept and there are no fans to cool any side. In addition, it is on a busy street so taking a seat outside is like seating at the bus-stop on Cesar Chavez. Yet, you can bring a dog- the only reason we picked a table outside. Last, my bill came to 29 dls for 1 drink and fajitas for 1. To that, they added charges for tortillas- mind you I order fajitas- and a fee for using ccard. This fee is really upsetting- and I suspect not within the Texas Tax Code regs. First,they add the fee as a sold item. Then, they open it up as Tax 1 and Tax 2 on the sale ticket- which I kept because these things affect your waiters, I feel. When patrons get charges at 35 cents for tortillas, and have 'to pay a fee' to pay the establishment, it is likely they get upset and tip less. That is unfair to your staff and to your patrons- if you have returning ones. I kept my receipt and I will consult on the fee and tier tax system they have going. I will not return.

Reviewed 27 December 2016

We were a little desperate, being Christmas day, having trouble finding something open. That could account for the place not being all that great. It took a really long time for the waiter to take our order, even longer for the food to arrive and that was really mediocre. The plus would be the salsa bar where they have a variety of salsas and sauces.

1  Thank scott10jo
Reviewed 11 August 2016

This place was an accidental find just a block down from the hostel. I felt like I walked into a Mexican cantina in Mexico! Ordered a shot of patron with a beer. Perused the menu and asked what was good, the girl told me the Fajitas Ranchera. Stocked up on some salsas from the extensive collection...several hit the higher end of my chilihead sensitivities and I was in a happy place. The fajitas were served with Texas sized portions and the steak slices were tender and moist. All in a a great belly busting breakfast to start the day exploring Austin.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

This place is no bueno... unless you were out drinking and there is nothing but nothing else open and you are in starvation stage!!! Do not recommend it.

1  Thank Zuchero-10

Been to Las Cazuelas? Share your experiences!