1,259 results
All reviews blue moon best westerns western hotels attached restaurant close to downtown free breakfast south congress hot tub convenient location pool area would stay here again nice pool yogurt great place to stay easy access clean rooms short drive
Reviewed 21 May 2017

This hotel is consistently excellent in everyway. The staff is competent and friendly. The rooms and facilities are immaculately clean and the price is very competitive. I love the large complimentary breakfast menu and the fact that you can also get an express breakfast if you have an early morning meeting.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Andrea W
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your glowing review. It's people like you that make us strive to be the very best and then some! Hope we see you back very soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2017

I have not stayed at a Best Western facility for a number of years because for a long time its best offering was low cost. This location fit my needs for my visit to Austin so I took a chance. The facility was clean and updated. There is a 24 hour coffee machine in the lobby which offers 7 different kinds of coffee choices. The room was comfortable and the staff is exceptional. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank pamelarH1189VV

Thank you so much for staying and for sharing your experience. We appreciate giving us an opportunity to wow you abd it sounds as though you are joining our family of regular guests. Hope you are back soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2017

I chose this hotel based on price and location. The location was not walkable to most places, but we soon discovered that Austin is a pretty spread out city anyways so we would be getting a ride most places and it would still be cheaper than staying downtown. The rooms were clean and fresh. The pool was great - we spent 2 afternoons there and it was just what we were looking for. I do have to note though, the pool could have used a few swipes with the pool net in the afternoon. It's clear the leaves from the trees by the pool fall a lot during the day, but it is an outdoor pool so not a huge deal. Front desk staff couldn't have been friendlier and the continental breakfast was next level. Eggs, bacon, huge texas shaped waffles, pancakes, yogurt bar, juice, toast, fruit salad, you name it. The money we saved not having to purchase breakfast each day was a huge incentive. On the day of our departure, the front desk held our bags until the late afternoon and were very accommodating. Wi-fi wasn't spectacular - we had spotty service at best. But overall we had a great stay and it's probably the best hotel in it's catagory!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay C
Debbie S, General Manager at Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Thank you so much for staying and for sharing your experience.Glad you were able to enjoy the pool and we will work harder to keep the leaves picked up.We appreciate your feedback and suggestions. We want to be the best for you. Hope you stay again!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Located with very easy access to the freeway. Downtown is 2-3 quick exits away, about 3 miles. My room was average, not bad, not great, functional, clean. Wished the housekeeper would lay off the room/air freshener. Value was much better then downtown hotels for the time period I stayed.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JBT2

Thank you for staying and sharing your experience. Please always know you can request no fragrance in our rooms as well as ask for a room change if necessary. We are here to please you! Hope you will stay again!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

I was attending a conference downtown, but found that the hotel was a short bus ride (or Fasten ride... they don't have Lyft or Uber in Austin) from the conference center, and had better reviews than places twice the price, so I decided to take a chance. I am so glad that I did! From the moment I entered, the service was exceptional. The person who checked me in remembered me by name every time I came by the front desk (remarkable in such a large hotel). The pool area is truly gorgeous, with beautiful plantings, and my room was a balcony room overlooking the pool. The room was pleasant and well-appointed, with a modern bath. My only slight complaint is that it was not well-lit, which might be fine for some people, but I like to be able to have a lot of light.

The complementary breakfast offered something for everyone: the traditional waffles (make them fresh yourself, Belgian waffles in the shape of Texas!), bacon, eggs, etc. Plus fresh yoghurt from a machine that dispenses however much you want (really tasty), various granolas, muffins, fruit... a nice way to start the day.

Just a short walk down the street is Whip It, an eclectic little restaurant with a truly stunning wine selection, and an innovative menu. Next door is a convenience shop, so if you forgot something, you can get it there.

I would definitely stay here again, if traveling to Austin.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Beatrice K

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your thorough review. We are so happy that you were happy and felt well taken care of. We are in a great location for getting downtown without having to get on the interstate. We appreciate your comment about the lighting: we study every guest's feedback and make changes as we can. So glad you got to enjoy some of the neighboring spots: all the more reason to stay with us again. Please come back!