“Gone”
Review of The Smokin' Cuban

The Smokin' Cuban
Ranked #17 of 48 Restaurants in Alpine
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Had my mouth set to buy a Cuban sandwich last Saturday, but was told at Harry’s bar that the food truck has moved to Pecos. I’m assuming this is a permanent move, but not positive.

Gregory G, Owner at The Smokin' Cuban, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

I’m so very sorry that, we were not in Alpine to serve you. I’m on a contract catering for the next several months, but will return to Alpine after June.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I went with my family and looked the reviews of the best in Alpine so we didn't had time to sit in a restaurant because we had our appointment at the Observatory so I went to the smoking Cuban an angry lady took our order, lack of cleanliness overall. There is no place to sit besides at the bar next door and it's also nasty.
The Chile lime fries are ok but the Cuban sandwich it's a dry baguette with a pice of cheese and ham and super dry meat that made me choke.
I do not recommend because it is filthy the food No good no place to sit, bad sandwich and above all pricey!!
I passed a Thai food truck super nice and clean and smelled mmmm, maybe another time

2  Thank I6541CWlindam
Reviewed 18 June 2017

An unexpected find, a very good Cuban sandwich with a side of fries topped with a lime twist. Seating isn't great, but the food is.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

We have stopped by for the Cuban sandwich and now that's all we order. It's nice sitting outdoors at the picnic tables too.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Conveniently located on the Main Street of Alpine adjacent to a favorite watering hole is the Smokin' Cuban. The top menu item features the Cuban Pizza, absolutely fantastic. Fifteen minutes after placing my order I was enjoying my order on a picnic table under the shade trees. I got it, its a food truck, but this is the best we've found in Texas. Fantastic.