“Trip to Big Bend”

Alpine Oriental Express
Ranked #25 of 48 Restaurants in Alpine
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Three of us found this restaurant on the edge of town. We were very pleased with the food and tea served. Small batches of hot food was brought out frequently. The building could use some improvements, but the atmosphere was very friendly and the cost was comparable to our home town Chinese restaurant.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Great food, small batches of food continuously brought out fresh for the buffet. Ambience could do with a little improvement.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Reasonable oriental food for being way out there. Could have have well been the only oriental restaurant in town. Convenient to Big Bend Brewery.

Reviewed 6 May 2017

I ate here last night again. Each time I go, I think it will be better this time, but it's not. The bland food looked as if it had been out on the buffet all day. I had to ask for empty pans to be replenished, and there were no chopsticks available. Several items appeared to be Sam's-type, frozen foods. My bill was rung up incorrectly; I had not purchased a beverage but was charged for one. The difference was refunded when I pointed out the error. There is also a menu from which you can order. Perhaps the made-to-order food is better.

Reviewed 7 March 2017

We ended up here on the advice of our hotel, as it was Valentines Day and all the restaurants in town were booked. The buffet food was good, vast selection. There was a freezer full of ice cream, serve and scoop yourself. It was busy and the kitchen staff didnt restock the dishes so we missed out on some. The surroundings are dismal, somewhat dirty. Prices were not posted, but turned out to be about $10.50 per person.