All reviews front desk nice sleep us feel at home great hotel offered fresh baked cookies decent bed only stayed one night room was clean the staff was great golf tournament housekeeping staff special thanks nice breakfast shower door the breakfast area night's sleep very pleasant stay
Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

We made a reservation as part of a group for a soccer tournament. Quoted $89 which appears to be their typical rate but he moved rates up $10 due to a guarantee sell out for the weekend. When we checked in at 7pm we were told that it would be $10 additional dollars per night and he wouldn't honor the reserved pricing. I called choice corporate and told his staff they needed to honor the rate per corporate. They did to avoid a complaint but I was told at check out after they again tried to charge $99 that the lady manager would have to pay the difference and she tried to guilt me into paying the higher price. The owner refused to speak to anyone. There were also ants in our room and the stand up shower was small and odd shaped (curved corners) so very easy to fall. Rooms were small too and the pillows were really uncomfortable.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Brad P, Owner at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2015

Dear Katherine,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Sleep Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding your reservation agreements and the state of you room on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our Front Desk attendants, the General Manager and Maintenance department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. The happiness of our guests is very important to us, and we are implementing new systems to better meet our guests needs.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Aiken.

Brad Patel
Owner
Sleep Inn, Aiken

Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and helpful and were welcoming. They were supportive of our softball team. The lobby was welcoming and the appearance. They kept the breakfast area well stocked. The staff was very knowledgeable of the area. The hotel meet our expectations.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Brad P, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to hear our staff made you feel at home during you visit. This is really one of the things we try try to maintain in our hotel.

If you are travelling to our area again, please do not hesitate to contact us for your reservation needs.

Kindest regards,

Teresa Noel
Front Desk
Sleep Inn - Aiken, SC

Reviewed 26 June 2015

The room appeared clean, but I always take a Clorox wipe and wipe things down myself anyway. Our first 2 rooms smelled smoky most likely because they were close to the designated smoking area in the back of the hotel, but we had no problem getting changed to one that did not have those issues. It was a very quiet hotel; we did not get very much neighbor noise or hear others showers running either. We chose not to have our room cleaned by housekeeping during our short stay, but needed to swap out our towels, because it was difficult to keep towels straight between the 4 of us with limited towel racks (idea - add more towel racks). I was amazed - they had bacon on their breakfast buffet - wow! The area felt (emphasis on felt) safe.

Room tip: Try to avoid rooms ending in 01 or 02, because your room may get smoky smelling due to their proximity to the smoking area.
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MamaLou70

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Please note your suggestions have been passed onto our management team. This critical feedback will be used in training our staff to help improve our services.

Please give us a call when you are travelling back into the area. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Kindest regards,

Teresa Noel
Front Desk
Sleep Inn - Aiken, SC

Reviewed 2 June 2015 via mobile

The biggest surprise here was how quiet room 323 is, even though it's next to the elevator. Everything that went bad with my previous visit didn't happen this time. The best thing is that when I accidentally left my ham radio transceiver in the room, they called me quickly and returned it to me.

If my travels take me to Aiken again, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Robert F B
Reviewed 23 April 2015

I stayed here for 3 nights during the Masters. The rate we paid was high for the class of hotel, but that was the only complaint I had. The staff were wonderful, happy to arrange restaurants, the rooms clean and fresh, the beds comfy and hotel well located for restaurants and also the Masters golf tournament. Good wifi, free water and breakfast bars.
Thoroughly recommend the hotel, and I would certainly stay there again.

Date of stay: April 2015