The bedroom with a queen bed has a bathroom with shower. There's another bathroom off the hallway in the sleeping area with a tub and shower. The bedroom with two twin beds has a half bathroom. In the pictures, I wondered why the curtains were not drawn; there's nothing wrong with the view from these windows. You will see mostly dunes (maybe a sliver of water), a few houses, and people walking on the public beach access walkway. The bedroom with a queen bed has a newer flatscreen TV. The other bedrooms have no TV.
- Proximity to the beach: it's an easy walk to the beach
- Main living area looks nice, at first glance
- A/C broke and the realtor (Dolphin) sent a repair person promptly, but it took 24 hrs to fix which was rough.
- Water pressure in the shower in the queen bedroom is good.
- No pets allowed
- Dishwasher did not work. This was a pretty big disappointment. It may have been fixed since, but you should verify with the realtor.
- Window near deck did not lock. My older mother was able to easily "break in" one day when she didn't have the key.
- The current realtor (Dolphin) is near the end of the island, meaning that you have to drive past the vacation home to pick up (and drop off) the key. This is very irritating when you've already spent many hours in a car with kids. I won't make this mistake again.
- House is adjacent to public beach access. It wasn't a problem, but you could see a steady trickle of people walking to the beach from the main living area.
- While the house is oceanfront, you can only see a few slivers of water from the deck, even if you're standing. The view is mostly dunes, which isn't unpleasant.
- Deck furniture is all plastic, if that matters to you.
- We couldn't find a recycling bin for the house, although there were a few other in the area. This was a big deal to me.
- While the main living area looks reasonably decent, if you look more closely you can see that the couches and chair are worn and stained. The fabric on the back of the couch is obviously torn so that you can see the white batting underneath. It was bad enough that I didn't feel comfortable sitting on the couches at all.
- Apart from the main living area, the house is in serious need of a cosmetic update. The decor is odd. A styrofoam cooler is used as a nightstand in one of the bedrooms. Pillow shams are stained. Since we were instructed to make the beds before we left, I felt that the bedspreads were probably not laundered in a long time and I couldn't stop thinking about that. The "vase" used to hold fake flowers in the dining area is an old electric water pitcher. I got the feeling that the house was furnished and decorated from a 2nd hand store.
- The local tap water is not drinkable (the opinion of my family). Since the refrigerator does not have a water filter, plan to buy enough drinking water to use throughout your stay. Consider this extra cost when comparison shopping.
- This is more of a housekeeping issue, but my mom found dirty underwear behind a dresser, and socks and sand in the couch.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|