See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

The room is ok although the size is quite compact. I experienced toilet smell and made me feel a bit uncomfortable. I had Breakfast at the hotel and it’s rather plain. There is an onsen inside the hotel but I didn’t use this place. I had no choice as this hotel was booked by travel agent that I use but I would want to change to a better place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ロイヤルホテル長野, お客様担当マネージャー at Royal Hotel Nagano, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear Mr. / Ms. Ratana S,

Thank you very much for choosing Royal Hotel Nagano. We are very grateful that you chose us out of other hotels available, and we would like to express our gratitude to taking time from your busy day to provide feedback on your recent experience at our property.

Please allow me to begin by apologizing for the smell of toilet. We shared the information with our housekeeping staffs, and we will take care to clean guest’s rooms for a comfortable stay. Regarding breakfast, we serve Japanese & western style buffet with local Japanese dishes. We hope that you enjoy these local dishes in your future stay. We have a large public bath and an open-air bath - onsen. We hope that you will slowly unwind and relieving fatigue in these bathes.

We will make our very best for guest’s satisfaction. We all the staff are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Royal Hotel Nagano
Reservation
Hiroshi Maruyama

Reviewed 21 November 2017

This hotel furniture not so sophisticated, but it was well maintained & the room was spacious. I get mountain view from my room.
If you want to relaxed this hotel could be the option and they have onsen!
Great selection of food, but tastes just ohkay... not my favorite.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Place to relax. Roomy. Onsen ready. Stop by after a trip to mt. Tateyama to Matsushiro. Have a charger for tesla and ev. I find the breakfast have less selection but this is a typical Japanese breakfast on smaller towns.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2016

You'll see it from miles away. Why did the authorities permit such a huge building in such a suburban part of town? don't the shade-side residents need sunlight? Anyway, that aside, our stay at the Matsushiro Royal Hotel was a great one. Children are accommodated for in the most "japanesewestern" kind of way (i.e., bassinet provided during buffet breakfast). The amenities are great and the service is robust. Clearly built in the late 1980's to mid 1990's, the age of the decor is starting to show (peach wallpaper with gold accents?) but it is well maintained. The Japanese restaurant was a pricey highlight, and so was the Francophile place on the top floor.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank simon f
Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

Location in a quiet yet not remote part of the city. Spacious rooms with nice view of the surrounding mountains. In-house onsen to ease off fatigue during travel. Nice meals with traditional Japanese cuisines. The hotel provides also wedding services.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family