All reviews public bath stayed here for one night business hotel room was clean minute walk train station sauna cleanliness onsen bed location
Reviewed 24 October 2017

The hotel is in a good location which is 3 mins walk to metro "Shiyakusho" station just 1 stop to JR Nagano.

There is public bath on the 8th floor for men with sauna. It is not that big pond and old.

My room was a non-smoking with a single bed. The room was clean and nice but it was so hot for me. I went down to the reception to check how to turn on the air-con but unfortunately, the air-con was controlled by the hotel for the whole floor and I was advised to open the window instead. It was OK, no choice!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2017

The Hotel Nagano Avenue is a rather typical Japanese business hotel - clean, efficient, close to the main station, etc. My check-in was a breeze.

The room was clean and tidy. It was pretty "spacious" for a business hotel so I was pleased. Coffee and green tea are provided. Although the room was a bit dated, it was very comfortable.

The best part about this hotel was the onsen. It was rather small but there is enough space for 3-4 people. There is also a sauna. An onsen in a business hotel is a rarity, so I thoroughly enjoyed it despite it not being the nicest onsen! Do remember that this is a business hotel, NOT a ryokan.

The hotel is about a 10-minute walk to the main station, with a 7-11 just across the car park.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Well located close to both the train station, city center and major shopping. Easy to reach the temple for sightseeing. Hotel was very clean and comfortable and price is really reasonable. Onsen was lovely and staff provides great service. Building is a bit old, but cleanliness, service and price can't be beat.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2017

10mn to 15 minutes walk from the train station and easy to find, close to many restaurants.
A bit old, but very good quality/price, if I go back to Nagano I will definitively consider going back their.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
NAGANOAVENUE, Front desk clerk at Hotel Nagano Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Thank you for staying with us. I am very glad to hear that you would stay with us again if you have a chance to vist Nagano. Nagano is a nice place to feel Japanese beautiful four seasons. I hope to see you again !!

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I really love the hotel.

+ Location is convenient
+ AWESOME radio near by bed with classic music
+ There are japanese tea, coffee and water in the room
+ Clean

There are several cons which wasn't matter for me, but might be important:
- Onsen (at least lady's one) is below expectations
- TV is relatively small (see photos)
- Furniture is old, but looks good (again, see photos)

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
NAGANOAVENUE, Front clerk at Hotel Nagano Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2017

Thank you for staying with us. We are very glad to hear that. I hope to see you again.