All reviews hot spring bath free ramen sauna room snow monkeys spa tv english bed floor station japan
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This is a great hotel, it was definitely the highlight of our trip on the accommodation perspective. The onsen was really good and there are great detailed English instructions on the etiquette on the wall before you enter so don’t be afraid to try it out. It’s pretty small with two warm pools, one in and outdoors, and a cold pool and sauna. Male and female side are separate of course, apparently the female side is a mirror image of the other one. :) We stayed in the hotel in mid-June and both times in the morning and afternoon there were only two or three persons in addition to me at the same time in the onsen - at one point I had the whole facility to myself. I’m from Finland (we do a lot of real Sauna) and this is probably the first time ever I encountered an actually hot enough Sauna abroad.

Breakfast is good - beats eating sandwiches and cold coffee from FamilyMart as we had to do for most of the trip - and the evening noodle soup supper is a very nice addition and gesture.

Rooms themselves are regular Japanese small but very modern and have everything we needed (fridge, good bed, and a proper shower plus a pyjama to wear in the hotel premises if you like). Reception provided us with some extra pillows when we asked.

Location is very close to train station and all the biggest streets with the restaurants. 10-15 minutes walk to the Zenko-ji temple.

All in all, can recommend.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank entresting
Reviewed 20 June 2018

We loved this hotel, the room was big for Japanese standards. The best thing about it is the Onsen. You can even check how busy it is on your tv in your room. We spent a lot of time in there after our day trekking in the mountains through the snow to see the snow monkeys. I will definitely go back to this hotel when I am next in Nagano!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We wanted a hotel with onsen & close to Nagano station for convenient hence this hotel perfectly matched our need.

Hotel is nice to provide free coffee, water, ice in lobby area for guests & the cute paper cup make the stay more kawaii :D

Clean & neat hotel with nice onsen facility. So glad to find apple onsen outdoor the next morning :) great experience!

only setback is room is a little stuffy so we stay in lobby area for some cooler air. Anyway we were too tire so knock out on bed fast & only stay a nite.

Overall nice stay!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2018

The room was small (as we knew) but it had all necessary things so I can’t complain!
I guess it wouldn't be for a long stay, but it will be perfect for one or two night stay, if you are on holiday.
The best thing was that there was a hot spring bath at the top of the hotel. No bath tab was in the room, but you can enjoy the big bath and relax. There was a outside bath and a sauna room as well. For ladies, bathroom door's PIN was provided. BUT, if you have tattoos, you are not allowed to go in, which is common for most public bathes in Japan.
Next thing I liked was breakfast buffet. A good selection of local food as well as western food. I can't remember the cost, but even you have to pay separately, it was not too bad at all. They were tasty too.
Our expectation was not so high as I believed it was budget hotel; however, the staff was friendly and efficient, the room was new and clean. Overall, it was much better hotel than we expected. It is not a luxury hotel but you can comfortably stay there.
I would like to thank you for great service and we recommend there if you are stopping at Nagano station.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank traveltheworldjapan
Reviewed 11 January 2018

just cross road from Nagano JR station, then walk around 100 m. you will reach Dormy at your left hand. I like Dormy breakfast a lot, that I just paid at counter while checked-in. Free ramen served at night 9:30 pm. Onsen 11th floor made me relax. Recommend this hotel to everyone who come to Nagano.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family