“Solid vegetarian ramen options”
Review of Ippudo Nishikikoji

Ippudo Nishikikoji
Ranked #34 of 14,286 Restaurants in Kyoto
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Shinkyogoku Shopping District
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ate here for lunch on a rainy day, perfect ramen weather. The line went quickly and the ramen came out fast. The vegetarian ramen was good, definitely would recommend for anyone seeking out vegan/vegetarian options.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had an excellent ramen and was surprised with very fast service. Tha place was crowded but everThing is very organised so the wait is minimum. Definitely worth visiting for ramen lovers!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've eaten a lot of ramen in my time, but I have to say that this is the best ramen I've ever tasted.
We went at around 1.30pm and there was a line of 8-10 people outside, By the time we waited, ordered outside, got in and were served, it was about 20 minutes. But it was well worth the wait.

My wife went for the shiromasu special with gyoza, and I had the spicy ramen - which comes with a perfectly cooked whole soft boiled egg, nori and a generous slice of roast pork. It can be spiced from 1 (meh) to 5 (smoking' hot!). I had the 2 which was not hot enough.

I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Saw a review of this on a Kyoto traveller site. Well worth a visit if you like Ramen. I opted for their recommendation with a side order or dumplings. Absolutely delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful to. Could have easily gone back there again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good informal ramen restaurant. Tasty food and good prices. We had to cue 10 minutes but it was worth-it.