All reviews vietnamese restaurant too firm for my liking great location main bus station underground passage separate toilet and bathroom modern hotel yen coins check in was a breeze recommend this hotel superior double room deep bathtub buy breakfast wet room taxi stand rainy day laundry facility
Reviewed 14 August 2018

A good vale hotel close to the station and within easy walking distance of some of the temples. friendly helpful staff. Reasonably sized rooms. But, possibly the hardest bed i have ever slept on - not to everyone’s taste!

For Japan, large if slightly non descriptive rooms in a large, slightly characterless hotel

Staff are very efficient and helpful

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank YorkRaven
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I was very impressed by the tranquil environment of the hotel. Personally, I am very fond of the lobby and the floor corridor design which always enlighten the sense of calming.
I had made a mistake when making the reservation for a smoking room. I then sent an email to request a non smoking room which has been replied promptly by Seki san, much appreciate! The hotel staff has also arranged my room and my parents' to be opposite, that's considerate as well.
In the room, there is a bag placed on table which contains all the cables you may need for your electronic devices. Very heart warm kit.
The location is yet very convenient ,steps away from the Kyoto station.
I shall come back here for my next visit to Kyoto.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Two adults and two kids (age 9 and 11) had a comfortable 3-nights stay. From the Kyoto Station, walk through the Porta underground to get to the hotel in 3 mins. Everyone in the hotel is professional and courteous. We booked a Deluxe Twin Room. The beds were the US equivalent of Queen size so we all had comfortable nights. The entire hotel smells so good, and is clean and modern. Taxi stand is right in front, Lawson near by, Starbucks in the corner,....we used JR pass for the most of our trips and used taxi from major sites due to the scorching weather. It costed about 1100 yen from the major shopping area to the hotel. Didn’t buy breakfast but used McDonald for kids to experience and a local bakery next block. The entire area is full of restaurants including Isetan, Porta, and Sando.

One of the major reasons we booked this hotel was it’s laundry facility. Kyoto was a mid-point of our two weeks trip. There are 3 machines on the 2nd floor and detergent is included. In the evening, it got crowded with several people showing up at the same time although you can monitor the machine availability from your room TV. Instructions were all in Japanese so some people were scrambling. Only take 100 yen coins but there is a machine in the lobby for change. The machines wash and dry in the same load and took almost 2 hrs for a full load.

The staff helped with luggage forwarding and even called my next destination for a heads-up.

At the time of our check-in, a large group arrived raising some concerns in my mind but I didn’t experience any issues during the stay probably because we hardly spent any time in the room except for sleeping. However we saw families with two connecting rooms leaving their doors opened talking aloud to each other which I found inconsiderate to other guests.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Family travellers with two adults and two big kids (8&11)
Booked a room for 4 ppl, hotel has helped to prepare 4 single beds for us which allow each of us to have enough room for rest during the trip. We arrived Kyoto at 1am due to the heavy rain in Kansai area, but still easy to find the hotel in the middle of the night as it is close to the station, just about 5 minutes on foot.
Rooms are modern, neat and clean. Hotel staffs are nice and professional.
Recommend it to family travellers like us since it saves lots of time on transportation.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel with a striking lobby, from the front it doesn’t look too big but when you are inside and on the floors you see it’s a big place. Rooms were a little tight but this is japan so no issue with that, but they were really well decorated and the shower was excellent. Located next to Kyoto station with its busses and trains, you can get to your attractions in no time. Excellent shops and bars close by and the choices for food in the station will surprise you.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple