“Good Karelian kitchen”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In overall the food was good, they have a bear :-)! (You can smell the wilderness though). Deer was good! No fresh fish (come on, we are on the lake shore!!). Half of the menu wasn’t available due to seasonality- I can understand this but I would appreciate if waitress would inform us in advance not only when we already ordered salad ....

g0rnica, Управляющий at Karelskaya Gornica, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear guest. We are glad that you have chosen our restaurant. Be sure to take into account your wishes. Waiting for you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant offers a great selection of Karelian food. The prices are quite high though. I would suggest you make a reservation beforehand, as it is a fine dining spot in the city.

You have a choice between a table in a big room and private group cabins that can house up to 6-8 people. It is a much better experience to eat at a cabin and it does not cost you anything. Just make sure to make your reservation.

The products are fresh and nice, many of them come from the Karelian forest.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

If you are looking to try the local Karelia food this is the place : good tastes of different type of meet and fish in a traditional environment with outstanding service : if you are looking for a real Karelia example erigende this is the place

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I have visited Gornitsa several times of the years and have enjoyed the food. This latest visit was equally good, though it certainly does seem pricey in comparison to many other local restaurants. Service is always good and my traveling companions, who were visiting for th first time, were suitably impressed.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I visited this place for the second time in June 2017 with 3 of my friends. We had several traditional dishes (salads, fish, meat). While the was of a reasonably good quality, I was not carried away by it and the price was definitely very high. I am certain Karelskaya Gornica is the most expensive place in Petrozavodsk. Later this year I visited Sweden, Norway, and Denmark and was able far better food (in a similar sort of Nordic/Scandinavian category) for about the same price. The service was very good, nothing to complain about. We also enjoyed nice interior décor.