Review Highlights
Amazing trip

Reviewed 6 June 2021
mak2ums
via mobile
Wonderful trip! Awesome tank programs.

Reviewed 4 November 2019
Peter C

Recommended experiences in and around Moscow
from US$149.00
from US$164.95
from US$18.29
from US$195.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

At first I was hesitant to take this trip due to the lack of reviews. But i thought that if i didn't participate in this adventure i would regret it later.

It was fun, adventurous , funny experience. That i dont think i will ever forget. The most memorable thing was the truck ride, and the tank ride. While this trip by itself is amazing the people organizing this trip were professional ,on time , Very kind , the will go out of there way to help.

Notes;

-The road to the area is long and congested sometimes jeep that in mind if you want to take snacks.

-This is a full day experience expect to return to your hotel at the end of the day.

- you can find more details and extras if you enter there website. That will surely help you with planning

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 13 December 2019 via mobile

Done "Program 3: Tank driving/riding  —  Moscow Jagdpanther" with my girlfriend.
We got drven around, got to drive myself and we "fired" the gun. All was really great, guide spoke perfect English and was really kind. We also could bring our own vodka.
Would recommend!

Small downsides:
Total time driving was a bit under 1 hour while 1,5 to 2 hours is advertised.
I assumed firing the gun would be shooting a blank, instead they release flamable gas in the barrel wich they let you ignite for "firing experience".
Drive from hotel to tanks site take +/- 1,5 hour which was not advertised.
Bit expensive for what you get.

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Tjeerd d
Reviewed 5 November 2019

I have gone to two of the programs at tankdriving so far at two different tank polygons. I have done the t-34, bmp-1(reconnaissance vehicle), and the BRDM-2. There was also a group of folks who did the t-62 program at the same time and we had a little contest!
We saw the t62 drive through a ditch full of water. Later on we had to duck down in a trench and a tank driver right over us. We got to throw a grenade at the back of it too!
You could shoot guns at the field too, although with blank munitions. There were AKs, Ppsh, Mosin and a couple others I don’t recall off the top of my head.
Overall very exciting and tons of fun!
The price tag is a bit on the higher side but it’s worth it if you won’t be doing it every week;)
A plus is that they pick you up and drop you off and even provide you with an English interpreter.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 9 October 2019

We've joined the 'ARMATA' tank tour which included a visit to the historical museum of military vehicles, tank riding and shooting. Our guide wa svery helpful and done a good job in translating the Russian instruction into English for us. The tank riding was really exciting and the gun shooting was really cool for us who has never been trained with any military experience. The 3-hour tour went really fast and I wish I could stay longer! Highly recommend!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 October 2019

My son and I went overseas together on a father/son trip and included Russia since we both were interested in its history. so, for this first time George wanted to do a 'ride in a tank' and we booked this trip as well as included a trip to the Monino aviation museum. It was a long day, but our guides and the whole days experience were amazing - obviously the tank drive was the high light, the shooting and s assembling of the guns a bonus ...and even though it took us to evening to be back at our hotel, the aviation museum was great, informative and amazing ...but most of all - our guides were not only knowledgeable - thy were super helpful and friendly - they even gave us tips of where to have dinner - and it WAS amazing - thanks to all of you!

Date of experience: September 2019
Sunshine24778887927, Управляющий at Tanksdriving, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2019

Thank you, Corlia. We are very glad that your family enjoyed our tour.